Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Planning to deliver in HK ... 8 weeks pregnant .. need hospital advice !!

shraddha is offline Registered User

Post Planning to deliver in HK ... 8 weeks pregnant .. need hospital advice !!

Hi ,

I am currently in India and found that I am 8 weeks pregnant. I am getting my check-ups done in India for the 1st trimester and planning to come to HK after completing 1st trimester. I have a valid HK ID card, and my husband is currently based in HK.
    Can my husband register in a public hospital on my behalf, or my presence is mandatory ? Will it be too late for registration if I come after completing my 1st trimester in Dec-2013.
    Also, can any one please share your experience with PMH, I live in tung chung and planning to register with Princess Margaret Hospital.

Many Thanks,
    Shraddha

gielian is offline Registered User
    Hello! :-) My mom gave birth 2x and my older sister 1x at Princess Margaret, I didn't really hear anything bad about it.

When I asked for an appointment for an prenatal check up at Tsan Yuk (public system), they asked me to bring:
    -HKID (mine)
    -Photocopy of spouse's HKID
    -Proof of address
    -Pregnancy confirmation

I am not sure if this is a standard list of what to bring on a prenatal appt as this will be my first.

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    You can register at any time but they do need to see the mum, so just do it when you get to hk. The public hospitals can't turn you away, so you dont need to worry about reserving a space.

Joey_bear is offline Registered User
    It's not too late to register after your 1st trimester as long as you have a valid HKID. They do need to see you (better with your spouse) at the first time to register.