Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Due July 2014

lavender is offline Registered User

Due July 2014

Hi Ladies,

I am 6 weeks pregnant after IVF, due early July. Just wondering if there was anyone else out there due around the same time and how the first few weeks were going?

Lx

Paw14 is offline Registered User
    Hi lavender
    Congratulations!! I am 7 weeks so due about same time. I am doing OK, apart from being quite confused about the healthcare process (we're new to HK) and feeling very impatient about the wait to first appointment :-)
    How are you?

Hellob4by is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies, I just found out yesterday and I am basically in shock. Feel very unprepared and unknowledgeable! I got the news confirmed by my GP and he was very casual about when I needed to book my first appointment. He said there was no rush and I had plenty of time to relax and look into my options before making any decisions (he said I should be due around Jul 19). He was very pro-public healthcare and has suggested I start researching the Queen Mary. I also think just to get the ball rolling I will book in for an antenatal at Tang Chi Ngong Maternal Health Centre in Wan Chai and have signed up for a class with Annerley to learn more about combining the public and private systems. Unfortunately due to some pre-booked holidays I can't join until Jan 10 (May try just popping in to see if I can at least get some reading material in advance). My main question is now is finding a Dr! Any feedback to share?
    Editor likes this.

Paw14 is offline Registered User
    Hi Hellob4by - congratulations, hope you are getting used to the idea now! I felt pretty shocked too. I'm planning to use the public system and Queen Mary. To use QM you have to register with Tsan Yuk and have your prenatal appointments there - I have my first one at almost 12 weeks. The wait until then is killing me though (it's my first pregnancy so it's all new and weird) so thinking about going for a private appointment in the meantime. I think you can just supplement the public appointments with whatever you like - depends what you're happy to spend. I looked at those Annerley classes too, but the timing and location is awkward for me from work - please let me know if you find out anything helpful from them!
    Have just used a local to me GP so far to confirm the result so sorry not to be able to offer any thoughts there. The GP didn't do anything else or ask me anything and I was dazed with shock :-) which is why am now thinking about getting an extra private appointment.
    Good luck working out your options and hope you are doing OK.

mariababy is offline Registered User
    Hello Everyone,
    A hearty congratulations to all of you.
    I am 6 weeks pregnant and still struggling with my intermittent morning sickness.
    I have made a preliminary visit to Dr. Sally Fergusson just a couple of weeks ago. She has asked me to come after a few more weeks for the blood tests etc.I stay very close to QMC so thats my obvious choice. I am planning to club my pregnancy care with public and private options. I intend to continue with Dr. Sally for my consultancy and do all my tests and delivery at QMC to optimise. Dr. Sally might be a little bit on the upper side (approx 2000 HKD per visit including a scan) but she is a very experienced and an excellent doc undoubtedly. For those of you looking at public options, i hv heard that QMC has some v good Ob-Gyn there as well.
    Can anyone tell me how does the registration thing in QMC works? I am v new in HK (abt 2 months) and still trying to figure out things.
    Thanks.

liz001 is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies, I am due 10 July so currently 9 weeks and struggling with exhaustion - bring on the new year and more energy!
    I had my first bub at QMH and saw Dr Ferguson for private visits - I highly recommend her if you want to supplement the public system.

firsttimer is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone - I'm 8 weeks, due 15 July with baby no.1. Unplanned and still getting my head around everything. Saw Grace Cheung yesterday and had first scan, which helped reinforce what is happening! Also looking forward to the New Year, more energy, less insomnia, and hopefully no nausea :-)

lavender is offline Registered User
    Hey ladies,

Congrats everyone! I also can't wait for the new year to have more energy, have never been so dazed. This is my first pregnancy and am also registered at QMH and with Dr. Sally - looks like quite a few of us might end up there at the same time :)

@ Mariababy, have you found the info to register at QMH? If not, I can give it to you, let me know. Basically you need a letter of recommendation from your doctor, and then you need to call 2589 2100. Found them helpful on the phone but haven't yet had my first appointment.

Anyone up for coffee on Sat 21st or Sunday 22nd?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast