- 11-24-2013, 09:26 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
- Hong Kong
How long did it take you to lose the baby weight?
After 2 pregnancies in 2 years, I found myself about 40 lbs overweight.
The first 10-15 lbs came off easily, but most of that was baby, afterbirth and fluid. Breastfeeding helped, too.
I did post-natal massage, which helped tone things up a bit - though it resulted in no significant weight loss.
Then I started using Weight Watchers, regular walks and yoga. I am losing about 1 lb a week / 5 lbs a month on a modest diet and exercise.
I still have 20 lbs to go, and will probably increase exercise now that I am in better shape. (A C-section really destroyed my fitness). And I will diet harder once I've weaned.
My goal is to be reasonably healthy by Christmas, and back to my pre-baby body by Chinese New Year.
Did you ever lose all the weight? If so, how long did it take?
- 11-28-2013, 11:42 AM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
I think I lost almost all the weight fairly quickly due to breastfeeding and practically starving myself because I was convinced that someone in my breastmilk was causing my baby's reflux/colic (don't ask!). Then as soon as I stopped breastfeeding I put a lot back on because that happens when you stop breastfeeding plus I immediately began pigging out on everything I had cut out during breastfeeding.
So I'm not back to pre-baby weight, although I suspect it's not due to the babies but my own diet. The liberating thing is I don't care. I was as big as a whale during pregnancy, so my logic is, being half of that is good enough for me.
- By TNJ in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 11Last Post: 03-24-2013, 07:05 AM
- By Lisainhk in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 4Last Post: 02-26-2010, 08:27 PM
- By aussiegal in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 30Last Post: 05-30-2007, 06:43 PM
- By hunhun in forum Everything ElseReplies: 16Last Post: 09-21-2005, 04:59 PM