Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: How long did it take you to lose the baby weight?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By charade

How long did it take you to lose the baby weight?

Gracey is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

How long did it take you to lose the baby weight?

After 2 pregnancies in 2 years, I found myself about 40 lbs overweight.
    The first 10-15 lbs came off easily, but most of that was baby, afterbirth and fluid. Breastfeeding helped, too.
    I did post-natal massage, which helped tone things up a bit - though it resulted in no significant weight loss.
    Then I started using Weight Watchers, regular walks and yoga. I am losing about 1 lb a week / 5 lbs a month on a modest diet and exercise.
    I still have 20 lbs to go, and will probably increase exercise now that I am in better shape. (A C-section really destroyed my fitness). And I will diet harder once I've weaned.
    My goal is to be reasonably healthy by Christmas, and back to my pre-baby body by Chinese New Year.
    Did you ever lose all the weight? If so, how long did it take?

charade is offline Registered User
    I think I lost almost all the weight fairly quickly due to breastfeeding and practically starving myself because I was convinced that someone in my breastmilk was causing my baby's reflux/colic (don't ask!). Then as soon as I stopped breastfeeding I put a lot back on because that happens when you stop breastfeeding plus I immediately began pigging out on everything I had cut out during breastfeeding.

So I'm not back to pre-baby weight, although I suspect it's not due to the babies but my own diet. The liberating thing is I don't care. I was as big as a whale during pregnancy, so my logic is, being half of that is good enough for me.
    Gracey likes this.