Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Which stroller are you using?

MrsMB is offline Registered User

Which stroller are you using?

Hi Mummies,

Which stroller would you recommend for getting around HK terrain and MTR? We are moving to HK early next year and would like to get some recommendations. Thanks heaps.

twontheway is offline Registered User

We're using the Maclaren twin techno. It's light, easy to use and covers most terrain including gravel if you reverse. It has lots of storage space, handy for blankets, bottles and lightening the load of the baby bag.
    I would recommend a baby carrier as well for those days when you don't want to hang around waiting for lifts which can be a major pain.

gatochat is offline Registered User

I had a bugaboo I brought with me from London, and I got rid of it not long after arriving in hk. It is just too big and heavy and was a pain to fold and lift it with a newborn and a toddler.

I finally got one of the Japanese ones here by Aprica, it's suitable from birth and weights only 3.6kg! You can't compare it with the Bugaboo, but it's very light, has a very quick single handed fold, stands when folded so I don't have to bend over. Yes, it's does look flimsy and makes quite a bit of rattling noise, the basket is also very small, but with all the folding and unfolding, I never put much in it anyway. Mine is still going strong after a year, both of my children go in it and my big boy is almost 19kg! I really can't ask for more!

With the HK climate, I mostly use it in shopping centres or just short walks, as there is always a train station nearby. Buggies have to be folded to board buses and taxis are cheap and everywhere.

Redestiny is offline Registered User

Maclaren Globetrotter. I had a Phil & Teds explorer but it was just too big & heavy for day to day life in HK. A lightweight stroller that can be folded singlehandedly and easily would be your best option, I also have a boba carrier which has been invaluable to me.

Bluebelle82 is offline Registered User

I have a Bugaboo Bee but find myself mostly using the Ergo carrier as it's much easier to get around. The Bee does fold easily and so is good for taxis, travel and storage at home.