Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

IVF treatment - plz share experience and suggestions

nita141 is offline Registered User

IVF treatment - plz share experience and suggestions

We are about to start IVF process under Dr Jennie NG. Has anybody had IVF under her ?
    As the issue is low sperm count , we were suggested IVF is the best option.

We have been asked to choose lab Victory ART or HK Sanatorium? Which is better any suggestions plz ?

AussieAnj1stBub is offline Registered User
    Hi,
    We used 'Assisted Reproductive Technology Unit, The Chinese University of Hong Kong' at The Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin.
    Professor Christopher Haines and Dr Grace Wong.
    We also had male factor infertility, we had the sperm tested over 3yrs while we tried to conceive naturally. After we saw mild improvement (12mnths no alcohol, daily Macca herb supplement from Aus) so we froze some sperm until we were ready for IVF.
    We started IVF process in Dec 2012, we were blessed and lucky to have success after the 3rd frozen embryo transfer (now pregnant and due in April 2014). For fertilisation they used fresh sperm as it was better quality than the frozen (back up) 9 out of 13 eggs fertilized (they injected sperm directly into each egg). We have already used 4 and have 5 more frozen on standby.

We highly recommend the private IVF at Prince of Wales, Shatin.
    If you want the contact details, let me know.

Good luck to you and always remember hope, strength and courage. Don't give up!

new to all this is offline Registered User
    Can't comment on other hospital but the Sanatorium was great for us. Very professional and kept us very much in the loop with progress. We used Dr Robert Stevenson from International doctors as our Gynaecologist. Found him to be very thorough and informative. Quite direct but I like that.

We had one fresh cycle and now pregnant with twins due in May. I know we were very lucky but I would recommend sanatorium for IVF.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

AussieAnj1stBub is offline Registered User
    Congrats 'new to all this' on your successful Ivf and twins on the way :-) I just joined the 'due in April' and 'due in May' forums, as would like to meet some other Mums to be. Hopefully after CNY, trying to plan a meet up on Kowloon side. Hope u may join too.

new to all this is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the congrats! Same to you and I'll maybe join the due in may group to try and meet a few other mums to be.