- 01-08-2014, 11:02 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2013
Discovery Montessori or Woodlands Caine Rd?? Pls help!
My 16 month old son has been in the Woodland Caine Road playgroup for 4 months. My son has been enjoying his classes, but somehow we have not been exposed to ANY Montessori toys. Every class is more or less the same, with 15 min free play, 15 min circle time (introduction, theme of the week eg circle), 15 artwork/sensorial, 15 min reading, singing & wrap up. I dont find much "Montessori" element in class at all.
I feel like hes not learning much at all, no practical real life skills, or manners, or counting, or alphabets... its literally a "play" group
Does anyone have experience with Discovery? Its alot longer per session (2 hours versus 1 hour at woodland)
Would appreciate any feedback as I'm considering moving him to Discovery (Sheung wan) when he turns 18 months.
- 01-14-2014, 01:55 PM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2010
- Hong Kong
My son has been at DMS since he was two. He's 3 and half now. He loves being at school. Gets upset when he's sick and is not allowed to go to school. He can count, read some alphabets and speak a smattering of putonghua. His vocabulary has increased tremendously. Plus, the teachers are really lovely. We're happy that he's happy at school
- By hm88 in forum EducationReplies: 0Last Post: 09-14-2012, 09:46 PM
- By hm88 in forum EducationReplies: 0Last Post: 08-18-2012, 07:26 PM
- By tatame in forum EducationReplies: 6Last Post: 05-20-2012, 04:09 PM
- By MsHongKong in forum EducationReplies: 6Last Post: 03-03-2011, 03:06 PM
- By topark924 in forum EducationReplies: 0Last Post: 02-03-2009, 09:45 AM