Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

September 2014 due date

Goldmark is offline Registered User

Hi jono, I just read your other thread as well. This is exactly what I am thinking of doing. We are not covered by insurance so it's the smartest way to go. QM is where I thought we could deliver as well? When are are you going to Annerley? We move to HK permanently mid February. It would be great to catch up if you are up for that.

blingling is offline Registered User

Hello ladies (expectant moms)! Happy lunar new year of the horse!
    I'm due late Sep this year... Fingers crossed, since it's still very early days -apx 6 weeks according to my GP.
    It's my first ever pregnancy, and we (hub & I) aren't from HK, nor do we have many friends with kids, so we're slightly clueless, full of questions and trawling the net. ;)

Any tips / advice would be much appreciated. I've heard the issue re hospital beds has eased up a lot since CY Leung implemented the zero quota policy (one good thing he's done!) So hopefully that means a less stressful experience, and more options for obs / hospital.

Mayella88 is offline Registered User

Hi ladies! Happy Chinese New Year! I'm also due in September, since my husband and I don't have many friends with kids, we figured we could get some tips and advice on geobaby. Re: Blingling's comment on hospital beds- we are reserving a place at the Adventist this week, my Gynae said that Sanatorium is already fully booked for early September so I guess best to book early so you have more options available.

Oh wow! Thanks for the headsup Mayella.
    I haven't even registered with a gynae yet, as we confirmed it with my gp last week just before the long weekend started.
    I had some cramping which felt like pre-menstrual pains, and my gp was getting me to go for a battery of tests before she would confirm anything... Hmmm.... She's managed to worry me about the whole pregnancy! Fortunately it all feels fine, so I'm guessing she's just being uber precautious.

For hospitals, I'm thinking of matilda. That and queen Mary are the closest to my home. But I do want to know who will be delivering my baby, so sounds like public isn't an option if that's a non-negotiable.

Goldmark likes this.

Mayella88 is offline Registered User

Hi Blingling, I'm seeing Dr Patrick Chan and he's happy to deliver either at Matilda or Adventist so I'm guessing I'm doing what they call the half private half public option.

stickychocolate is offline Registered User

I am due in mid September 2014. Its still early days as I just crossed 8 weeks today. A little paranoid because I had a miscarriage last year and ttc has been such a challenge. I am also with Dr Patrick Chan and likely to go with Matilda as I had surgery there last year and had a very good experience. Dr Chan also lives on site at Matilda which makes things easier.

Mayella88 - If you are doing Matilda and Dr Patrick Chan, it means you are going all private. The public hospital(s) in HK island are Queen Mary.

Hi Stickychocolate (my fav kinda mess Btw!)
    That's interesting to know that Dr Chan lives on site at matilda - would that mean he's more likely to arrive early for the delivery?
    Am tossing up between seeing Dr Chan or Dr Hon - both seem to be affiliated with matilda, and the reviews on the forums seem good for both. Any thoughts on either?
    I've booked initial consultations with both next week - was thinking I'll see how that goes....

stickychocolate is offline Registered User

I am not sure if that means he's more likely to arrive early, but it would mean that its easier at least for him to pop in and out if you are in labor in the middle of the night. I have been with Dr Chan for about 2 years now, and he's always been responsive to my pages and calls… seeing me on Sundays and calling back late late at night. He's my fertility doctor and has also done multiple surgeries for me. However, the feedback on the boards is that it does seem that Dr Chan is getting more and more popular over the years and is harder to get his full attention as before.

I have not heard anything about Dr Hon before.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast