Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Pregnant, live in USA, want to go to HK for birth and prenatal care

vmg12 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkongchick View Post
    That's such a good reply!!! thank you! i now have a better understanding of how it all works. I have scheduled a Dr. visit in two weeks here in the US and then in two weeks after that i fly back to hong kong. then, i will probably get a private ob just so i can call anytime or have more detailed check ups.

i am also checking my insurance, if it covers i might opt for a private room/ semi private room at the QM. but i am definitely leaning much more on Govt hospital now.
    In Queen Mary, they have 3 options: 1st class, 2nd class and general. If I remember it right, for first class, you will be asked to deposit 100,000 and for 2nd class, 75,000. Then they will deduct everything you have incurred. General ward, you will only be charged a daily rate of HKD 100 and everything else will be subsidized by the govt.

hongkongchick is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by vmg12 View Post
    In Queen Mary, they have 3 options: 1st class, 2nd class and general. If I remember it right, for first class, you will be asked to deposit 100,000 and for 2nd class, 75,000. Then they will deduct everything you have incurred. General ward, you will only be charged a daily rate of HKD 100 and everything else will be subsidized by the govt.
    oh my, that's pricey, even more than private hospitals, ok i may just stick with general ward lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12