Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Obgyn recommendations for private prenatal care & public delivery?

Jono is offline Registered User

Obgyn recommendations for private prenatal care & public delivery?

Hi there,
    I am 6 weeks pregnant and need to start seeing an obgyn for my prenatal care.
    I would like to deliver at the Queen Mary (public), however I am going to do all my prenatal privately.
    Can anyone recommend a great practitioner that speaks excellent english and will allow me to deliver at the QM?
    Also - if anyone has done the 'half and half' method of private prenatal care and public delivery before and has any pearls of wisdom, I would be forever grateful.
    Thanking you in advance. :)

vmg12 is offline Registered User
    Hey,

I gave birth in November and I did exactly that. I was going to a private doctor but delivered at Queen Mary. However, you would still need to do ante-natal check-ups at Tsan Yuk Hospital if you want to have your childbirth at Queen Mary. I stopped going to my private doctor when I went on my maternity leave, 1 month before my due date, because I didn't want to travel far anymore. I will send you my OB's information in private message. :)

Hi there,
    Thanks so much for the info!
    Just wondering, if I am having antenatal check ups with a service like Annerley, do I still need to attend Tsan Yuk? Or are the visits to Tsan Yuk a prerequisite for giving birth at Queen Mary?
    If it isn't a complicated pregnancy and everything is going well, how many antenatal check ups/how many times will i have to go to Tsan Yuk?
    Do i have to register with the Queen Mary or will my GP do that for me when i visit him?
    Thanks

vmg12 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Hi there,
    Thanks so much for the info!
    Just wondering, if I am having antenatal check ups with a service like Annerley, do I still need to attend Tsan Yuk? Or are the visits to Tsan Yuk a prerequisite for giving birth at Queen Mary?
    If it isn't a complicated pregnancy and everything is going well, how many antenatal check ups/how many times will i have to go to Tsan Yuk?
    Do i have to register with the Queen Mary or will my GP do that for me when i visit him?
    Thanks
    As soon as you contact Queen Mary to express your interest in having your childbirth there, they will point you to Tsan Yuk to get your ante-natal check-ups. So, yes, I would assume it is their requirement. They need to have your ante-natal records by their Midwives/Doctors, I think. For the first and second trimester, that would be once a month. When your due date is closer, you will need to come more often, - every 3 weeks then every 2 weeks.

Wonderful. Thanks again!

kalec76 is offline Registered User
    Hi Jono,
    I'm doing the same, delivering in QMH and have my private OB. You do need to go thru their system. So far I've been doing tests in Tsun Yak, and the Policlinic next to it, and QMH (glucose test) and I'm 21 weeks pregnant. It's annoying and usually takes long time. Also, you never see the same doctor/nurse ever but it's necessary. For all questions and concerns I just ask my private doctor, which I love. If you need any info let me know and I'll pass along.

Hi Kalec76,
    Thanks for the info!
    On average, how long do you think you would wait for when attending your checkups? (I'm trying to work out whether these checkups will be something that I can do in my lunch hour).
    Also, if you don't mind me asking who your Obgyn is? Im still looking for one and would love any recommendations that you might have.
    Thanks in advance.

usaraf is offline Registered User
    Hi I am in the exact same situation where I will be delivering at QMH and I have finished my first trimester. Looking for a priv OB. Can you pls share your OB's contact?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast