Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Any recommendations for trustworthy, great with babies full time helper?

hen2 is offline Registered User

Any recommendations for trustworthy, great with babies full time helper?

Hello all,

We are an Indian couple expecting our first baby in few months. We are desperately looking for a RECOMMENDED full time helper as do not want to take a chance for our baby with an agency provided un-known helper which may or may not be good.

Any recommendation of a good trustworthy helper will be greatly appreciated. Please send me a message if you have any recommendations.

Thank you very much!

SEB
    SEB is offline Registered User

Hi
    Did anyone get back to you?
    I am moving to HK this summer and already searching through sites for info in finding a helper from August as I will be working full time. Would you let me know if you get any good leads?
    All I can find is overpriced introductory agencies.
    Good luck x

I wrote a long reply but it doesnt show on the thread so I dont know if it got posted or not. Here ill go again.

I got no reply from geobaby but got a recommendation from friend that worked.

Meanwhile I also explored Asiaxpat helpers listings. It is paid- 388 hkd but worth the price. I called about 40 helpers, 35 of which had strange reasons for breaking the contract (so I rejected them) , about 5 of them had valid reasons and were willing to let me speak with their current employer for reference. Had my friend not recommended me this helper I would have spoken to these 5 employers and taken it from there.

I understand asiaxpat also offers interviews with helpers in their office. Whether or not it is for additional fee, i don't know.

Hope this helps.

SEB
    SEB is offline Registered User

Thank you so much for this. I will look into that.
    Good luck with your nanny and hope all goes well with the baby. We're also expecting our first :-)

Awesome.. congratulations !!