Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Breech looking for ECV help

scorpio_ding is offline Registered User

Breech looking for ECV help

Hi am 34 weeks now and my baby is still I'm frank breech position. I am trying all I can now, however I know there is chance that he may not turn on his own, so I want to look for a doctor who can do ECV for me. My current doctor is not keen to this idea although I think my situation should not be too difficult, he already told me to get ready for c section if still breech in 2 weeks' time. Does anyone has such experiences before and any good doctor to do ECV to recommend please? Thanks!

charade is offline Registered User
    My daughter was in breech and my private doctor said he was not qualified to do an ECV. He was supportive of the idea of me doing an ECV though. Fortunately I was already registered at the public hospital. He wrote me a letter attesting to the fact that my baby was in breech and recommended that they assist me with an ECV. Although my appointment was scheduled for a week or so away (and it's usually very hard to change appointments in the public system), when they saw that letter, they gave me an appointment right away and explained the options to me - ECV, C-sec or a breech vaginal birth (the last one both they and my doctor did not recommend, nor was I personally keen on trying).

So, if you cannot find anyone in the private system, you can register at the public system if you're an HKID holder (no need to be permanent resident). They bring in experts to do the ECV.

I did not end up having an ECV. I was conflicted to the last, and then on the very day my ECV was scheduled, I started contractions, so I had an emergency c-sec. I was relieved that I did not have to make the choice.

thanks a lot for the sharing Charade! i heard ECV can only be done around 37 weeks is that true? also I agree with you, I think private doctor is either not willing or not qualified to do ECV. I haven't registered in public system yet, and I guess I need to register first to make myself qualified and then I can ask my current doctor to recommend me? I am living in Sai Ying Pun, so i think the public hospital I can go to is Queen Mary? thanks again! and sorry for so many questions...

pumi26 is offline Registered User
    I was also informed that my baby is in breech position in week 34. I scheduled a Moxibustion (acupuncture) treatment with Annerley for week 35. Before we started with the treatment, the midwive did one last scan and found out he turned overnight (at exactly 35 weeks).
    I did some exercises at home with my birth ball (on my hands and knees), to help make the baby move.
    Had a check up with the doctor today and she confirmed he locked into the pelvis already. Everything fine :-)

ECV is done at week 37.

This is so good!! I hope the same thing can happen to me too. Am doing a lot of exercises including forward leaning inversion and chest knee position etc. am also still trying to look for a doctor to do ECV, hope the baby flips! Did you feel anything when he flipped?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

no, I was totally surprised ;-) I was like "no way, I didn't feel anything!"

Nice!! How many weeks are you now? I went to see a doctor who my friend recommend can do ECV this afternoon, she actually told me that my baby is now head down! I am so thrilled! Feeling very lucky talking to you before going see her! ^_^

I am now 35 weeks. Happy to hear your baby is head down now :-) It happens so fast!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast