Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

I don't know where to turn.

MagJ is offline Registered User
    It actually sounds like some of he signs of depression. Comes in many forms.

akachan is offline Registered User
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions. They are really helping and I really appreciate it. You all have good ideas and I need to think of creative ways to achieve some of them. I agree a holiday away from kids would be good, not sure how to do that with no family or full time helper--its sometimes even difficult for us to talk together uninterrupted for very long.

I also think that talking to someone professional is necessary. I have mentioned it the other day as an option but I don't want to push it too hard because she is sensitive that I'm blaming her for being "crazy" (not my word).

Someone mentioned menopause. I considered this before too but my wife is only 43. Isn't it too early to enter even early menopause?

Please keep the suggestions coming. They are really helping me to open my eyes to options I didn't think of and helping me to not feel alone in this problem. Seriously thank you.

baby09 is offline Registered User
    Maybe menopausal becos I went through similar situation, just screaming at my husband and my child over simple matters, but then again my husband never helped me with the house or my child, plus I have a helper! Could she have post natal depression? I went to the doctors after having breathing difficulties every time I had a fit, and I was given hormone pills which really helped me to calm down . You say you help out when you can, but have you actually spoken seriously to her to find out what the problem is and why she is so unhappy?

liliboom is offline Registered User
    I think you are a GREAT father and husband! There's no shame for asking for help! I agree with some of the previous posts, talk to her about it first. Maybe she's not aware of what she has been doing. Tip-toeing around the subject is not going to help. Have a deep conversation, encourage her to express her feelings instead of just telling her what things she could/shoud do. Sometimes just by talking about things can help people to come up with solutions. Good luck, wish you and your family all the best!

yonick is offline Registered User
    Real advice here

Not a holiday, not anything from you

I can't believe how much you have done already

She needs to go see a counsellor, therapist for not being able to control her emotions and temper around YOUR kids as an adult. The problem will escalate if you do not handle this in a mature and effective way. Good luck!! She will be able to change and get better if she loves the kids and you.

yonick is offline Registered User
    Real advice here

Not a holiday, not anything from you. A holiday will only add stress.

I can't believe how much you have done already. I feel really sorry for the situation. Kids bring stress to the family but not that much? When you have a husband to help? When you're economically stable?

She needs to go see a counsellor, therapist for not being able to control her emotions and temper around YOUR kids as an adult. The problem will escalate if you do not handle this in a mature and effective way. Good luck!! She will be able to change and get better if she loves the kids and you. Sometimes it is hard to admit that the person you adore and love is the problem. It is pretty obvious that she is the problem and causing problems to you and your kids' life. Either she has mental illnesses or she needs to learn how to manage her emotions and be more mature as a mother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12