Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By OldtimerMum
  • 1 Post By adelaidejax

Constant vomiting

shankar.maru is offline Registered User

Constant vomiting

My son(3 years) has this problem 3 times already in last 1 year. He will continuously vomits around 8-10 times in few hours and then we have to take him to see a doctor during night, who then give him an injection/suppository to stop vomiting. Why is this happening to him regularly? Any one can help? Doctor say that every time he has some infection that has gone from his throat to stomach. He could be right because every time this happens he has a sore throat/running nose before.

Thanks

OldtimerMum is offline Registered User
    So sorry you're going through this. Am not sure what the cause would be and hopefully he will grow out of it. But in the meantime, maybe you can speak to Naturopath, or Homeopath to help you build your little guy's immunity? There are quite a few experienced practitioners in Hong Kong.

Perhaps you can speak to Dr Sonal at IMI
    Dr. Sonal Hattangdi-Haridas, Homeopathy physician Hong Kong homeopathic practitioner
    shankar.maru likes this.

adelaidejax is offline Registered User
    Apart from vomitting. Is there any other symptoms that you notice each time? My son was diagnosied with FPIES. However it took several doctors to confirm this as its not commonly recognised. We did many trial and error to find out his consumption of anything containing oats cause him to vomit many times between 8 to 12 times within a 4 to 6 hour period. He will also be lethargic and sleepy and also within the hour an onset of diarrehia lasting up to 3 days.
    shankar.maru likes this.

shankar.maru is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by adelaidejax View Post
    Apart from vomitting. Is there any other symptoms that you notice each time? My son was diagnosied with FPIES. However it took several doctors to confirm this as its not commonly recognised. We did many trial and error to find out his consumption of anything containing oats cause him to vomit many times between 8 to 12 times within a 4 to 6 hour period. He will also be lethargic and sleepy and also within the hour an onset of diarrehia lasting up to 3 days.
    adelaidejax,

My son has been eating cow milk, oat, rice, and barley. We have not tried soy. What are the symptoms of FPIES with your son? does he start vomitting after few hours of giving him the allergic food? Or is it after few days/months? Because we have been giving him cow milk, oat etc regularly and this happens like once in 3 months, I don't think this is related to FPIES, but knowing the symptoms of your son can help. Thanks a lot.