Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Breastfeeding at Union Hospital

lululuk87 is offline Registered User
    Hi mamabear! I'm so happy to hear your news and that all went well. I'm going for a c-section in a week and a half's time and really hope to have a good experience like you. I definately feel a bit more relaxed now going into it. Huge congratulations again on the birth of your daughter :)

mamabear :) is offline Registered User
    I'm glad! O by the way, make sure you request a room in the new wing... Much nicer.

All the best and look forward to hearing the good news! :)

Hi Kiro4ka,

Our insurance doesn't cover maternity so we paid for it all ourselves. For a c section in a private room, it came to 62k. That included everything.

We opted for semi private as it was just 20% more than the standard room price but private would have been 100% more.. For everything.. Doc fees etc. The twin rooms in the new wing are modern, spacious and very nice. My roommate was great too so I had no problem with it.

All the best with your delivery!
    Kiro4ka likes this.

Hey mamabear, we're going for the standard room as we're also paying for it all ourself, apart from a little extra privacy were there any other benefits to having a twin room instead of standard? I'm just packing the maternity bag, anything you'd recommend. In st Thereasa's they really gave everything, even down to the tooth brush, but I see on the union leaflets it says to bring your own pyjamas/nightie. Anything else you can think should be taken?

Kiro4ka is offline Registered User
    Thank you do much for your answer. Well I got totally different price yesterday. It's hilarious they don't have a price list so every time i come to visit my doctor they tell different prices. Yesterday they told me for private room and not C section 35k doctors fee plus 33k for private room hospital charge but plus you pay for the room separately( and maybe in the end they will add something else who knows). And you say it was 62k for private for everything? Then I don't understand how they charge...
    So now I'm thinking about twin room too as long as room charges included at least..

Hi all, sorry for the late reply been sooo busy with two of them now :) Our son was born on the 26th May at Union and all I can say is I wish we'd had our daughter there too, it's wonderful. We were incredibly lucky, they were full on the day we checked in so we got a free upgrade to a twin room and after the first night the other woman checked out. The staff were amazing and so helpful. I was able to go to the nursery anytime. I got to try breastfeeding for the first time 2 hours after birth. The first 20 hours I was wheeled in the bed to a private room and during visiting hours they allowed my husband to come too as it was just us. There was also father bonding time everyday where the dads can go into the nursery and hold the baby too, which we loved. I was able to fully breastfeed, so I'm thrilled all round. As for fees there were the Doctors fees, the hospital, the pediatricien mainly and then extras(such as 900hkd for the Dad to be there fot the c-section)all together it cost 57 000 for us. I know it's still a lot but really it's only 3000 more than what we spent at St Thereasa's and they definately werent worth it. I just can't recommend union hospital enough, loved them!
    rani likes this.

Hi ladies, sorry just saw these posts. I had a typo in my previous post. I meant 62k for semi private. Lulu, so happy you had a good experience!!! I miss the hospital haha such a safe and reassuring place. Feeding my 2 month old as I type. How time flies!! All the best with the new addition. 2 is certainly a handful!! :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12