Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Due November 2014

sonyulia is offline Registered User
    Rani! Thank you so much for invitation! I would love to! Yet I can't be 100% certain...I am just so tired all the time...I fall asleep like at 8 pm :(

I am just waiting till my first trimester is over...would join you for dinner next time for sure! Can't wait to pass 12 weeks stage :)

Wish you to have a nice get together tomorrow!!!

All the best

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks
    rani likes this.

loobylou is offline Registered User
    a quick question- I was about to join the facebook group mentioned above but will my friends be able to see that I have joined the Due Date group and therefore know I am pregnant? (I don't plan of telling people until I get to 3 month mark). I know it says private group but I don't know how it will appear? thanks!
    sonyulia and mrs4seas like this.

by the way, for those wondering what options they have... this is my 2 cents worth, having been pregnant and given birth in HK 18 months ago in Queen Elizabeth, public hospital.
    I persoanlly had a great experience with them. I was warned to expect no attention or bedside manner unless something goes wrong, and that's pretty much what I got. The antenatal checks can be long and tedious waits, followed by a 30 second consult, but like I said, they do it so often, they know what they are doing and if they need to see you more they will. I coupled it last time with a few private scans and then a package with the Family Zone, Yvonne Heavyside, for when I came out of hospital. We probably paid a total of 350HKD for hospital birth, 2000 antenatal classes, 4000 Family Zone Package. This time Im not sure what private services we will pay for but I just wanted to let you know that the Public Hospitals aren't as bad as you hear (I hope I haven't just cursed myself for this pregnancy!)
    there you go! :-)
    mrs4seas and Dobs like this.

mrs4seas is offline Registered User
    Loobylou that was the exact same thing i wanted to ask lol. I clicked then quickly canceled it.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app

lol, i guess it will be a quiet group for a while!!

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by loobylou View Post
    a quick question- I was about to join the facebook group mentioned above but will my friends be able to see that I have joined the Due Date group and therefore know I am pregnant? (I don't plan of telling people until I get to 3 month mark). I know it says private group but I don't know how it will appear? thanks!
    Yes they will be able to see you've joined. Best to wait a couple more weeks. :)
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

rani is offline Administrator
    Also, if some of you are still confused on the Public vs Private route, here's a great article

Pregnant in Hong Kong: Public vs. Private Hospitals - Hong Kong GeoBaby
    mrs4seas likes this.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

charieis is offline Registered User
    Thank you Rani for the advice! I went to Dr Catherine Cheung today as I was having slight cramps and was worried when my friend said that she lost her baby because of that. She said it is common and prescribed me some folic acid and Algae DHA oil tablets, and asked me to return when I am in my 7th week for an ultrasound.

I am wondering if it is safe to travel in the first trimester? I asked the nurse and she said it is not advisable and I may miscarriage. However I read that many people continued with their travel plans with no ill effects. I booked my ticket to return to Singapore on 8th March before I knew I am pregnant and am scheduled for an internal ultrasound on the 7th. Do you think it is advisable to have the ultrasound date and travel date so close together?? I am not sure how invasive internal ultrasound is.

I am really keen to join you ladies for dinner tomorrow but I don't think I can make it. Update if there is a second meet-up coming up!

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast