Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Best formula for sensitve/gassy/colic baby

eimmus is offline Registered User

Best formula for sensitve/gassy/colic baby

My 4 months old boy has always have gas/colic pain but it's slowly improving as his digestive system mature. We started him with Hipp organic formula once a day every other day to prepare him In case I don't have enough milk when I go back to work next week. He started to have colicky pain again during early evenings and I think I might need to have him try a sensitive formula. Any suggestions on brands? I heard Similac is good?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using GeoClicks mobile app

Grumbler is offline Registered User
    does it make any difference? our 2 weeks old has a bad case of gas. we even went to hospital to check on her. they told us to use Infacol every 4 hours. hopefully it gets better. but if certain brand of formula produces less gas, we would like to try as well. right now, we are using Enfamil.

We didn't end up using any sensitive formula as researches said they have lots of additives and the maybe very sweet. I am still breastfeeding and seems like it's still enough for now. I tried Infacol on him as well but it made him super refluxy... He spat up a lot more. I was going to try goats milk formula but luckily haven't had a chance to...

Grumbler is offline Registered User
    well, after about 12 hours of Infacol, she doesn't see mto get much better. she was up this morning and cried for about 1 hour. we are getting pretty exhausted. she just seem to have so much gas and discomfort.

wilkette46 is offline Registered User
    We put gripe water in the baby s bottles for a few months . They sell it at bumps to babes. It s an old school remedy and did the trick . Doctor cracked up when I told him as his mother used to give it to him! But said it was fine to use .

charade is offline Registered User
    You can also try dr browns bottles. They have a system that prevents air from being gulped through the bottle. I think that helped a bit, won't eliminate the problem which only time will... Just helps a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

My son is almost 6 months old and his night time gassy episodes so seem to improve quite a bit. We started some solid with him and now his gas is back at night!! Mmm... We followed the recommendations from books and stuff on what to give him but his gut is just not happy... We are more exhausted than before! Grumbler, just to give you a heads up.