Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

6 months old and too excited to go to sleep?

mub2002 is offline Registered User

6 months old and too excited to go to sleep?

Hi all,

If anyone can offer any advice then we will gladly listen!

Our 6 month old is not a particularly good sleeper, in the day can only sleep when in the buggy or sling, and wakes up frequently at night. Though he sleeps some of the night in the cot, usually he ends up co-sleeping with us.

Recently though, no matter how tired he is, he becomes very excitable after the bedtime routine of bath, book, lullaby, feed. After feeding he will usually be awake and excited for a further hour and a half/2 hours before falling asleep. He also screams a lot if put in the cot to drift off.

Has anyone else experienced such a problem? How did they resolve it.

Many thanks!

Sophie12 is offline Banned
    I experienced something similar with my 10 month old child. He's a rascal, for sure! He'd normally drift off around 8pm, but then be awake by 2am and remain awake for at least a couple of hours, making a whole lot of noise in the meantime, which is particularly bad for hubby because he needs to get up early for work.

So, we decided to invest in a portable CD player with speakers, which we rest on a table in the room since baby boy will happily pull at anything within his grasp. I personally like soothing classical music, and hubby agreed that we should try this first. So we got a variety of CD's - some we had already, some new ones were added, and as soon as baby boy wakens around 2am or so, we put on the music, and he then drifts back to sleep, normally within about half an hour or so, which is a huge improvement on before. The music helps us to sleep too, so that's an added bonus.

Wishing you well with your plight!

bububb is offline Registered User
    My baby always wakes up from 3:30-6:00 in the morning. What should I do?

yunamika is offline Registered User
    Does he wake up to eat?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

allanwhyte is offline Registered User
    Well I experience the similar problems; but after consulting with experts; I found that after 6 months normally babies are frequently moving their body parts and moving here and there which makes them too much tired. As according to experts baby needs minimum of 16 hour sleep per day and in most of the occasion they used to wake up early in the morning and late in the night. But most probably these activities we have found in them due to hunger; but if he or she acts abnormal then there will be some kind of errors.