- 04-11-2014, 11:53 PM #9Banned
- Join Date
- Mar 2014
Thanks Annalee. We have decided to change, as it has made me feel quite nervous. Any recommendations for alternative Obs? Someone good and cheaper. Will it matter that we had our initial care with another doctor?
- 04-12-2014, 01:12 AM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2014
I'm assuming you've had tests done on your first visit, correct? You can take those to your new OB and save the time & money already spent on your first visit.
As for OB's there's quite a few good ones out there. PM me and I'll mgs you a list of the ones Ive spent some time researching.
- 04-12-2014, 11:23 AM #11Registered User
- Join Date
- Feb 2014
Definitely switch if Dr Choy is not right for you. She isn't for everyone. She is expensive, matter-of-fact and scientific. If you want someone who's going to hold your hand and cry with you while you watch your ultrasound scans, she's not for you.
She is however the person that helped me get pregnant when I could not and then helped to sustain those pregnancies making sure those babies were in prime condition when they came out.
I knew about the court case before I went to her (this incident happened 9 years ago and the parents are somewhat famous so it's been covered quite a bit..They were naturally devastated when they lost their baby and so is suing the hospital, the pediatrician and the OB. ) but still went with Dr Choy because she was right for me. She gave me answers that other OBs could not. After trying for 2 years, Dr Choy had me pregnant in 2 cycles.
I have 3 healthy children thanks to dr Choy...and though her fees are high... I find she is in line with all the other private hospital OBs in HK.
- 05-27-2014, 10:59 AM #12
In case you missed the new yesterday.
Dr Christine Choy Banned for 24 MonthsFounder of GeoBaby.Com
- By LoveyDovey in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 03-28-2013, 11:38 PM
- By Melvie in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 05-10-2012, 11:50 AM
- By Dianeb in forum PreconceptionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-30-2012, 09:28 PM
- By marjashel in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 09-05-2010, 10:10 PM
- By blessing in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 01-04-2007, 03:16 PM