Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Garden house preschool Sai Kung

bobolily is offline Registered User

Garden house preschool Sai Kung

Can anyone share the experience of your kids studying in Garden House Preschool? I'm thinking of enrolling my boy in the K1.
    Thank you very much!

jilllovesred is offline Registered User
    Hi!

I was a part time teacher at GH last year. I was teaching one of their Parent and Child groups.
    Are you familiar with Waldorf education? I personally really like their concept and ways of teaching. Everything is natural, learning is subtle with a rhythm, lots of hands on learning. It is a great school for those who want a more natural learning for their child, especially in their first years. Get them away from all electronics, and learn to do everything from scratch-- Especially when HK is such a hectic, crazy city, instilling calmness in your child is important. The children adapt very quickly, they learn to sit still, eat by themselves and participate. There's no pushing them into doing certain things, the children are allowed to find their own pace in the classroom.

I'm currently pregnant with my first baby and I plan to enroll him in the school in the future :)

I hope this helps a little bit!

Hello Jilllovesred,
    Thank you very much for your information. You are giving me more confidence about the school.
    My boy is very passive and always needs the teachers to coax him to do something in class, or else he will stand or sit aside or do the tasks slowly. Do you think teachers in garden house will be caring and loving to encourage him do the tasks and take part in the class activities?

rani is offline Administrator
    Bobilly have a read through our article "What is Waldrof?"

What is Waldorf? - Hong Kong GeoBaby
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Oh definitely. The teachers at GH are very patient, and work with a slower pace than normal traditional kindergartens. The children are never rushed or hurried with tasks. The children always always learn from others. If they see other children playing or learning but they're new and are slightly intimidated, they will end up joining the group, guaranteed. I've witnessed several of my past students from being new and crying to fully participating, enjoying and learning with other children. Definitely a loving school, voices are never raised in class, and I find the children at GH are more calm, polite and do listen to others.

Why don't you phone up the school for a visit, and see if you like the school? Speak with other parents or teachers? :)

Thank you very much! I just phoned up the school and arranged a school visit. I'm so eager to get to know more about this school! :)

Thanks a lot! The article is very useful.

Fantastic! I hope your visit will leave a great impression :) All the best!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast