Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

When did you give first solid?!

kam2350 is offline Registered User
    I started it yesterday with organic brown rice cereal : ) DD is 5.5months and has doubled her birth weight and shown keen interest in food for a while now. She had 2tspns after normal milk feed - 2nd feed of the day. It was very exciting (and messy). Repeated again today and will do again tomorrow, but a bit thicker than previous two days. Then on Wednesday, I'll move her onto carrot puree for 3 days, same amount and timings of feed, and then onto other root vegetables such as pumpkin, sweet potato. Then after a couple of weeks I'll increase amount to 1-2 tablespoons and then onto 2 feeds, 2nd and 4th feed of the day.

allanwhyte is offline Registered User
    I started after 6 months from cereals; as according to experts mother milk is very much essential for a baby but apart from that they need also some kind of solid foods after 6 months; new mothers are following some good diet from pediatricians in order to feed their baby.

karinac is offline Registered User
    I'm really confused lots of people started feeding with rice cereals but I've read they're nothing but sugar and aren't good... Did your ped recommend a rice cereal?

rani is offline Administrator
    The trends are changing. Many of us started with rice cereals with a bit of milk mixed in. Then added fruit. We used organic brown rice cereal which doesn't have any added sugar. There are so many parents who have gone the Baby Led Weaning route. Best to decide what works for you.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12