Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Ob-gyn that has experience dealing with Hyperemesis Gravidarum ?

Babyontheway is offline Registered User

Ob-gyn that has experience dealing with Hyperemesis Gravidarum ?

I’m currently 18 weeks and have hyperemesis, which I’ve had since week 6.

I’m planning to give birth through the public system at QMH and I’m currently supplementing with private visits to an Ob-gyn. My On-gyn is lovely, but is useless at managing this rare condition and simply refers me to QMH emergency. I’ve already been admitted twice to QMH, each time having to stay for 3 days on an IV drip and intravenous meds to stop the vomiting. The meds QMH have given me to take whilst at home over the next 2 weeks are working somewhat successfully, but I’m obviously still vomiting, extremely nauseous and weak. I also can’t help but fear for when the meds run out again. My current Ob-gyn will only prescribe one type of med, which I find completely ineffective.

I’m interested in finding an Ob-gyn that can help me avoid constantly having to be admitted to hospital.

Does anyone know of an Ob-gyn that has experience dealing with this condition?

Does anyone know of an Ob-gyn that can administer an IV drip (for dehydration) in their clinic, opposed to requiring you to go to hospital?

Does anyone know of any type of Hong Kong home nurse system where they can administer an IV drip at home?

So far I’ve found it hard to get adequate help, hopefully someone on here has some insights or recommendations.

I'm getting desperate.

lululuk87 is offline Registered User
    First of all you have my absolute deepest sympathies, I had it with my first pregnancy and it was horrendous. People also ept saying oh yea I had morning sickness, I was like that...NO YOU WEREN'T. Morning sickness is a joke compared to this. I couldn't even keep down water and was vomiting blood. It also affects subsequent pregnancies, meaning you will always be deathly ill when pregnant! Our first pregnancy we were living in mainland China and I thought I was brave enough to handle a chinese Hospital....I was sooooo wrong. We were very poorly treated, they didn't know what they were doing and I just felt like a pin cushion for them to experiment what "might" work. Unfortunately this pregnancy ended in miscarriage at the end of the first trimester. Therefore for my following two pregnancies we went to Hong Kong(My second is actually due in a week!) Although our Doctor in Hong Kong didn't deal with the HG of the first pregnancy he's fantastic and I love him. He'd be worth asking as he's been able to deal with all our other woe's including negative blood and so on. His name is Dr Wong Kin Sun and his clinic is in Jordan. If you are interested let me know and I will send you his number. Best of luck it's truely awful what you're having to go through, but it is all worth it in the end really!

Lululuk87 thanks for the Dr recommendation. If you could send me his number that would be great. Geez, we have so many similarities. I also seriously struggle to drink water & keep it down, I too have been vomiting bags of blood, I also have a negative blood type & have also suffered a prior miscarriage at the end of the first trimester. Bizarre! Thanks for the encouragement and words of comfort. I'm trying to stay hopeful, but it's tough when it feels like so few people can really relate. That said, I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.

lululuk87 is offline Registered User
    oh wow! Again you have my fullest sympathy. My sickness eased off after the 20th and 21st week with my daughter and with this pregnancy, so there's still hope that you won't be ill the whole way through, I'll cross my fingers for you. I really don't know if Dr wong will be able to help, but he is really lovely and has gone out of his way for us with everything. He delievered our daughter and will be (touch wood) delivering our son next week! His clinic's number is 3622 1628. 19th floor sino cheer plaza. 23-29 Jordan road. He is quite busy so best book as soon as possible and I really hope he can help. Good luck :)

Thanks a million for the details. Yes, I'm praying it will end by week 20 or thereabouts. Massive congratulations on your current pregnancy. How exciting, just one week to go.

rani is offline Administrator
    Wow ladies! So sorry you're going through this. Hope you start feeling better at 20 weeks.

Founder of GeoBaby.Com