- 05-18-2014, 04:53 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2014
How to get to Matilda from DB?
Thanks all for your feedback. I am leaning more toward Matilda now. I am wondering if there is anyone here who delivered in Matilda while living in DB? What did you do? Did you stay in a hotel near Matilda before due date? Or do you take the ferry when the baby is ready to pop? How was the journey to the hospital? I am worried in case things don't go well (i.e. Break the water, or huge traffic to the peak...etc)
Please advise! Thank you!
Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks
- 05-19-2014, 01:43 PM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2014
- 16/F Tin On Sing, Commercial Building, 41-43 Graham Street, Central, Hong Kong
I have escorted many ladies to Matilda from Discovery Bay and not had a problem.
Unfortunately ambulances will not take you to the Matilda as they used to and if you decide to use the Matilda, it won't matter if you go in a little earlier as they have the best facilities re bath, ball, good catering etc. Obviously there is the reduced Ferry times during the night, but I believe you can get taxies from the hotel now, which should resolve that issue.
The ferry is by far the comfiest way to travel as you can stand at the back and labour away quietly.
However if you were to choose the QMH, we often advise staying at the hotel close ass you want to get there much later so you are not separated. Happy to discuss further if you want to email me
- By bhav3011 in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 10-23-2011, 07:59 AM
- By swedishmum in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 21Last Post: 02-09-2009, 05:29 PM
- By kahling in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 2Last Post: 04-02-2007, 10:46 AM
- By bexterHK in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 22Last Post: 10-09-2006, 10:10 PM
- By juniorg in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 02-12-2004, 01:28 PM