Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Due Date - Jan 2015

pollyrafiq is offline Registered User
    Thanks em1224 and AprilBuddy 2014, reason for a drink and yes, after 16 weeks will have light exercise :)

Kkangaroo is offline Registered User
    congrats pollyrafiq on finding out the gender!

so tempted to do a Nifty now just to find the gender, but will wait. got my oscar tmr morning, let u all know how it goes! *crossing fingers*

Kkangaroo is offline Registered User
    hi ladies!

so results from oscar were good. ultrasound scan showed baby has a nice nasal bone structure and nuchal fold was thin. waiting for blood test results tmr, and will get a better picture. so far so good!

Lesiley is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone,

I am 5w1day pregnancy, due date will be 11th March 2015, haven't been to any hospital or clinic to confirm my pregnancy yet, wondering should I go this Sat to do the blood and urine test or should I wait till 6w to do the first ultra-sound test? Any mom can provide me any suggestion?

P.s I plan to go to private hospital for delivery and I am fully covered by my maternity insurance, my preference is to go to Matilda, haven't contact any OB yet, any recommendation? I really haven't got any clue about this, oh I forgot to mention that my waiting period is due to be finished by 5th.Dec 2014, so we still have to pay several check-ups before we could claim the rest few check-ups from the insurance company after the waiting period.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

rani is offline Administrator
    Congratulations Lesiley!!

Have a read through this article on pregnancy in HK

Pregnant in Hong Kong: Public vs. Private Hospitals - Hong Kong GeoBaby

If you can, try and wait till you're about 7-8 weeks to visit a Dr. You should be able to see your little raspberry sized baby by then and hear a heartbeat.

Our Dr said the Home Pregnancy kits were 99% accurate and didn't bother doing any other test

I would get some folic acids from the pharmacy and a Multi Vitamin like Materna in the meantime
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Hi Rani,

Thank you very much, you are really helpful.

I will have a read through the article you recommended.

Wait till 7w or 8w, I wish I could, but someone still couldn't believe that he is going to be a father in 9 months, so he is expecting to see the official confirmation and then he could start to have his lovely drinks, poor him had to resist from alcohol and coffee for the passed whole year lol.

Currently I am talking only Materna multi-vitamins, no other extra folic acid pills, as I noticed that each Materna tablet contains 1mg folic acid already, isn't that enough for a pregnant woman? Because I heard taking too much folic acid is not good either, sorry I am being wrong, just haven't see any Dr yet, no idea about this field at all😳,plus no any friend in HK could discuss about. And I have to look after myself at home most time as I am a housewife, my husband is not from local either, so ...😔

rani is offline Administrator
    Ok Poor Dad is in denial. We went to the first Dr appt fairly early. There's really not much they can see, and its going to cost you in the $600-1000 range so thought its best to wait a bit.

1 mg of Folic Acid should be fine.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Yeah, I checked with quality health care, for blood and urine test the cost is going to be 620 HKD , plus the doctor consultation charge 680HKD( even you don't really need to see the doctor at this early stage, but they require you to do so), really expensive, then some mothers from other forum do suggest me to check the progesterone rate, see if it is too high or too low, just in case I might need some special pills to keep the baby, I am really have no other symptoms, just tired and hungry always, don't know if I really need to do the blood and urine test just to make my husband feel it's confirmed than I made it up😁

Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast