Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree52Likes

Due Date - Jan 2015

Sims is offline Registered User
    Hi Fairy,

I think Linea Negra (Home | Linea Negra - The world of maternity fashion has changed over the last decade) may have some high-end stuff. Good luck!

Hi Coquina,

I was reading "Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy" and it says this about cribs:

By June 2011, cribs with drop sides will no longer be sold in the United States. The Consumer Product Safely Commission recently voted to implement a new federal crib safety standard that no longer allows the traditional drop-side crib design.

Dozens of infant deaths in the United States over the past decade have resulted from drop-side cribs. The design of these cribs can cause babies to become entrapped and suffocate"

Also, FYI, regarding travel cribs it says "...portable cribs aren't subject to the same federal safety requirements as permanent cribs".

I hope this helps. Good luck with the search!

btc
    btc is offline Registered User
    @aprilBuddy - are you talking about antenatal classes? The Family Zone offers them (Family Zone | the Family Zone), as does A Mother's Touch (Antenatal Classes Hong Kong, Pregnancy & Childbirth Services, Maternity Products, Buy Baby Products Online, pregnancy hong kong, pregnancy massage, breast feeding hong kong).
    @Fairy - Mayarya | More Than Maternity | HK has a number of evening gowns/cocktail dresses, they have a couple of stores too if you'd rather try on first.

@CocquinaHK - We went for a Stokke Sleepi as it is convertible in size so grows with your baby. It's a bit of a pricy option from Mothercare but we got ours secondhand. Doesn't have drop side but has two heights for the base. I thought the Leander cot was really nice too but it was even more expensive and bigger. IKEA has some quite nice affordable options too.

CoquinaHK is offline Registered User
    Thank you sims and btc! I also heard about the safety issues with the drop down sides in cots and was thinking about it... For the time being we decided to go for a small crib that we keep next to our bed for the first months. We'll buy a cot later, when baby will grow too big for the crib ;) We like the Stokke Sleepi too, but I am not fond of the round shape... how about fittd sheets? Do u have to buy the stokke or any can do?

btc

Due Date - Jan 2015

@CoquinaHK - I've only got the stokke fitted sheets, but I've read online that some mums found that regular ones fit, though there might be slight excess that they tuck or if handy with needle and thread modify to fit better. If they are stretchy material I think the rectangular ones are OK. There are some third party sheets designed to fit but appear to be rare.
    CoquinaHK likes this.

CoquinaHK is offline Registered User
    Thanks! Will keep this in mind

@Coquina - I'm glad you found a solution!
    @btc - I've also got a Stokke Sleepi - where did you buy the sheets? I know that Little Whale has them but wondering if there is a place that sells them a bit cheaper? I'm not that handy with a needle and thread :)

btc
    @Sims - I got mine with the cot (secondhand) but Mothercare sells them $225 for mini and $330 for standard, not sure if cheaper than Little Whale or not. If you have the Mothercare privilege card I think you get 10% off.