Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

December 14 - Any other christmas baby? :)

Cocoamama is offline Registered User
    Hi 1sttimer! Welcome to the club - You and I have the same due date 23rd!

Poppyseed - How's life on the other side of 12 weeks ? Do you feel less tired? Still nausea ?

I just got myself sorted at the public hospital going back there today to have my weight check ( and not sure what else they want to do to me) Will report back. ;)

Regarding running I believe if you are already a runner then it shouldn't be a problem just take it slow. My private doctor think (for me) I shouldn't run as the motion of running shaking your body up and down and she was saying your baby is trying to hang on to you. she said walking is ok, swimming is ok, yoga is ok until 12 weeks then you can go back to being active. My trainer also said the same she said wait till 12 weeks and then I can get back to training. I think weight training at the moment should be ok ( arms stuff) If you can handle the smell of the gym! I asked my doctor if I can do sit-up and push-up, He ( Yes I went to see 2 private doctors just to make sure) seem to think any think that abs exercise at the moment is not a good idea as if you feel abs pain from training you will think something is wrong with the baby.

Take it slow ladies not long to go till 12 weeks we can do this!
    1stTimer likes this.

1stTimer is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies,
    Has anyone thought about pre-natal pilates / yoga?
    I haven't practiced it before but figure now is as good a time as ever to start and I hear it can be helpful for the birth and to keep your muscles nice and strong.
    I'd like to do it in Central / Sheung Wan but don't want to join any expensive club where the class schedules don;t fit for working mums to be. Any ideas?
    Counting down to 12 weeks !!

Yoga room does pre-natal yoga, maybe you can check them out.
    Yoga Hong Kong | The Yoga Room

I've been their trial class before for normal yoga class (before I got pregnant) the yoga room itself was good but the shower facility is small.
    I haven't been back since, as my yoga instructor also teaches at other studio I just follow her. :)
    1stTimer likes this.

rani is offline Administrator
    1stTimer likes this.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

poppyseed is offline Registered User
    Hey guys, I've just responded on the other thread too:

I'm doing yoga at MYOGA - they have studios at Causeway Bay & Mong Kok. Huge classrooms, many yoga/pilates/dances classes, half local teachers half english speaking teachers...

Call them in advance and you can trial class for free (we trialed 2 classes, at different level on the same day). The Mong Kok one has 50 showers, and free towels etc. You can negotiate a lot of rates, I negotiated for 7 classes a month for 1 year rather than their usual 2 (I just said I may leave HK). You can stop anytime (because you are pregnant) and they let you extend the months after giving birth.

They have special prenatal classes which you pay more, but you can just go to normal ones and tell the teachers, all of them know what position to do / not do during pregnant, so often they'll just tell me to change my position a little. They also adjust positions for those with back injuries etc.

A-M
    A-M is offline Registered User
    Hi,

I am also due 14th Dec! I am planning on a c-section though so I guess we'll book it for 38/39 weeks so it will likely be a bit earlier in Dec. Not booked anything yet as I am too superstitous!

I too am doing practically no exercise right now other than walking the dog.. I did see a personal trainer last week who has qualifications in pre- & post-natal training. She was good and came to my apartment but I am now going away for 3 weeks - last trip home - so left it for the moment. I will definitely pick it up when I'm back (cheaper to book blocks of lessons but they have to be used in a set time period) so if anyone is interested in sharing her let me know. I live in Happy Valley, we could alternate between apartments or something..

I'm not having many symptoms other than feeling tired, especially when I first wake up, sorry to hear some of you are having a rougher ride.. It'll probably hit me later!

Hi A-M ! Congratulations and welcome to the club!

Personal trainer sound good. I should try organise that with my yoga instructor ;D

benjibb is offline Registered User
    Hi there to all dec expecting mommies!!! I'm new to this forum n am due early Dec. I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea the latest date to book hospital or doctor would be. I am sure that it's as earliest as possible but I'm still trying to decide whether to go natural or c-section. I'm 35 now so leaning towards C. Any one have any input? What are most mommies choosing these days?

ELLE

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast