Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

December 14 - Any other christmas baby? :)

Cocoamama is offline Registered User

December 14 - Any other christmas baby? :)

9 weeks pregnant now anyone else due in December?

illumination is offline Registered User
    Cocoamama, I am too almost 9 weeks pregnant. Saw the heartbeat last week. This week has been pretty bad though. Nausea and severe fatigue has struck in. I work full time. Past few weekends have just slept in. How are things with you? The first thing the doctor said was it's going to be a Christmas baby!

Hi Illumination, Congratulations! :)
    same as you nausea and fatigue, Luckily I work from home so I can nap anytime. my morning sickness is bad in the morning but if I made it to lunch its normally ok in the afternoon. I've figured out my new routine to battle my morning sickness - I have a cup of black tea first thing in the morning ( my one and only tea) to help adjust the pH balance in my stomach then few toasts for breakfast then I have my mid morning banana and for lunch normally vegetable and protein with rice. I cant wait till 12th week I hope morning sickness will go away soon :)

Now i'm trying to figure out if I want to do 12 week scan and down syndrome test with public hospital for free or go to private doctor. ( sadly our insurance doesn't cover pregnancy)

How are you? any weird food craving or food aversion? - I cant even look at Pizza right anything with melted cheese is a no no for me.

illumination is offline Registered User
    Congratulations to you too cocoamama! For me nausea strikes at weird times, especially when I am tired that is evenings. I am walking home and suddenly a surge of nausea with no prior warning. Really worried about next week at work as I don't want to reveal till I start my second trimester. Food is a major challenge. I don't like 80% of foods. My favourite foods like thai no longer interest me. Mango milkshakes are my favourite. Lot of my food is fruits and milkshakes. For lunch I crave sandwiches as hot foods have too much smell. Seeing people eat at work during lunch hour just nauseates me. So I try and just leave and go for a stroll. Finding it difficult to refuse friends for meal and drink dates, but I am in no position to go out to a restaurant, the smells assault me. I have been for two visits to a private doctor in central. Our insurance covers partly but we are thinking of doing the combination route. I have not registered yet though. I am planning to go to public for the Down syndrome testing as I understand that public hospitals are better equipped.
    Cocoamama likes this.

poppyseed is offline Registered User
    Congrats both Cocoamama & illumination! I'm also December, but early Dec, I'm 3 weeks ahead of you at 12 weeks. Just had my Down's syndrome scan yesterday at a public hospital. They are very good, my private doctor did say if you get a date for the public hospital for 12/20 weeks scans, can safely do it there. If you can try to get the first appointment (9am) then it's all quite quick. If you get it much later in the day like 11am, my friend who did it said there's quite a bit of delay. I haven't decide to go private/public yet for the delivery... but I think scans in public are quite good and thorough.

As for sickness/food cravings/aversion, I had no cravings at all but almost aversion to everything I used to like... the only things I seemed to be able to take are fruits & vegetables! I used to love to cook and now just thinking the next meal I just want to puke!.... I don't throw up too much but get super dizzy and nauseous, all day long since 6.5 weeks... and I sleep sooo bad... I found out I lost 4 pounds yesterday, so trying to put on weight lol (for the first time in my life I actually want to put weight on lol).. I'm eating a bit more this week than the past few weeks (but still feel food aversion).

Anyways, I hope sickness will ease for both of you too and I am really looking fwd to 2nd trimester!
    Cocoamama, rani and illumination like this.

Hi Poppyseed!

Congratulations and welcome to the club! 10 week mark for me yesterday I cant wait to get to 12 weeks and can start telling people i'm not fat i'm just pregnant. hahaha

What are your plan for exercise during pregnancy? I used to be really active and able to hike twin peaks before we got pregnant but now walking to the MTR is a challenge for me. I'm going swimming today -will see how it goes I need to start doing some exercise again. since I got pregnant both my mum (asian parent) and my doctor doesn't want me to do very much so I went from 6 days of training a week to doing absolutely nothing. :(
    rani and illumination like this.

1stTimer is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies,
    Congratulations to you all.
    Can I join the club?
    I've got a Christmas baby on the way too. Due on 23rd December so I'm just over the 10 week mark.
    The Hubbie jokes he'll tell people the bubba is due 25 December lol.
    Tired, nauseous and crabby most of the time :-(
    No major food craving other than carbs in general. I am, however, feeling like my sense of smell has gone stratospheric. I can smell everything at the moment and so many random smells make me feel sick.
    Looking forward to the 2nd trimester with the hope that most symptoms will abate for a while.
    I'm working full time, and managing to hold it down so far but it will be nice once I can explain why I'm so tired at work all the time.
    I'm doing an hours walking first thing in the morning as its the only time I have any energy and trying to do a little swimming on the weekends.
    I hope all is going well with you all.

poppyseed is offline Registered User
    Congrats 1stTimer!

Cocoamama - I know the feeling! I'm waiting for my doctor's appointment in 2 weeks (your 12 weeks mark) which I'd have all my tests results then (I'm in a high risk group becos of my chronic kidney condition) and after that I can't wait to tell friends...

And exercise..... great question... hmmmm I think I'm not doing enough at the moment at all, but looking to increase slowly in the next few weeks. Like you, I used to be quite active but am super out of breath (esp after a huge flu week where I was bed ridden), and I think I'm still recovering from it... I walk like a dinosaur (I think I walk like a 30 week pregnant lol). However, this week I'm slowly picking up yoga again. Ideally I want to walk more, I also want to jog (but I was told not to, my parents are asian too). I feel too out of breath to run anyways at the moment. I think over the next 2 weeks I'll try to walk in the park more often (and maybe increase the speed slowly).

Pregnancy does take a lot of strength from you.. doc said out of breath is normal, I'd take it slowly, slow walk better than no walk, and slowly increase your pace to where you feel comfortable over the next few weeks.. I heard 2nd trimester should be better... let me know how the swimming goes :)

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast