Epidural at QEH..any feedback?

Cocoamama is offline Registered User
    Hey Poppyseed,

I just got myself registered at QEH :D
    poppyseed likes this.

summer_hk is offline Registered User
    Hi poppyseed 😊

Here's my story why i got to QEH.

At 5th weeks got my confirmation of my pregnancy at public clinic and was immediately refer at the same day in Emergency of QEH because i was spotting with blood and they checked me right away (1st time saw the little life inside.:)

Then they refer me again to OB department of QEH for more test to make sure the baby is ok.

After that, they gave me a referral letter again for antenatal and for delivery booking. So got all my appointment with QEH in person via all those referral letter they gave me.

Then recently, i was admitted for 2 days coz been bleeding again.

Been a roller coaster ride for me, been hard for this past few weeks. But for sure it will all sooo worth it soon..

Actually, at first im so hesitate to go on public and its my first pregnancy and don't know anyone coz i just move here in hk few months ago.

Now, im really thinking and praying about epidural coz i really wanted to have it on my delivery.

Hopefully you can make on your next antenatal. 😊

poppyseed is offline Registered User
    Happy dragon boat festival!

Wow summer, that does sound like a wild roller coaster.. emotionally must be so hard too.. I'll ask about epidural in my appointment in 2 weeks too.. I haven;t decide what pain relief etc yet (also 1st preg) but I want to make sure at least they have when I need it...

Also cool abt the reg cocoamama, we might meet each other in antenatal class! mb we should do a QEH meet up if we all end up there..

oh my god i just have spotting... now at 13 weeks... i'm prob going to qeh now, sooo scared :(

sloc is offline Registered User
    Hi there, I gave birth at QE back in Jan and I requested epidural at the time. Unfortuately I did not get it as the anesthetist did not come on time -I went from 3 to 7 within minutes! When I attended the prenatal talks from the hospital prior child birth, they did warn us the anaesthetists may not be available at the time we need them as there are only so many of them n a several operations might be going on the the same time. So even though you made the request, it is not guaranteed that you will get it. So I did mine 100% naturalle......
    Good luck!

rani is offline Administrator
    Poppyseed, how are you? hope everything is ok. thinking of you.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

summer_hk is offline Registered User
    Hello poppyseed,

How are you? What is the color of your spotting? If its red.. go straight to qeh emergency so they could check right away the cause. Keep praying.
    Hope everything is ok with you and your little one.
    rani likes this.

hey rani & summer, thx for your messages... i went to A&E that night as it was fresh blood (not a lot) but still enough to shock me and I also have abdominal cramps... just for safety I went.. They scanned and baby is very much alive (phew).. however, they just said I should monitor the blood & cramps next few days and if it gets worse go back to A&E... they also said as my prenatal appointment is nxt week, the maternity ward should be able to check more deeply...

So far, spotting has been quite light and decreasing all of today, I still have mild cramps ad hoc... so just keeping an eye and take it easy for now.. I have no idea how many days spotting is supposed to go on for.. :/ but hopefully it will disappear asap...
    rani likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast