Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldtimerMum

Conception after a miscarriage, how long did it take?

gielian is offline Registered User

Conception after a miscarriage, how long did it take?

Hello, for those of you who have had a miscarriage, how long did it take for you to conceive again?

I got pregnant last year but never found a heartbeat so I had a D&C last Oct 2013 and we're still trying "again".

It's been driving me crazy, why can't we conceive?! It's been 7 months and I want a baby so badly, so many friends have become pregnant the past few months and I am happy for them but feel sad too.

Turns out I have PCOS (but just a mild one, only the right ovary is polycystic and I have regular periods), my wonderful doctor has been prescribing me with 500mg of metformin and I've just completed the 3rd cycle of Clomid. I really hope I get pregnant this month!

I know one day it will happen again, just so frustrated that it's taking a long time!

OldtimerMum is offline Registered User
    Hi dear! I read your message last night but was rushing out and didn't get a chance to reply.

How are you today? Have been thinking about you. Miscarriages are hard on the body and some ladies take longer to recover and some bounce back right away. Your body will let you know when it's ready. Take the time, to relax and just spend some time on you.

I keep hearing about PCOs and it seems quite common but this doesn't prevent mums from getting pregnant.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll have good news soon. In the meantime just relax and enjoy the foreplay...
    gielian likes this.

gielian is offline Registered User
    Thank you so much for replying OldtimerMum! :-) Seems PCOS is no longer for the heavier women...am going to see my doctor today and really hoping there's some good news in the next 3 weeks! :-)