Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Anyone use Dr Selina Pang from Central Medical?

AprilBuddy2014 is offline Registered User

Anyone use Dr Selina Pang from Central Medical?

Hi I am not finding much review on Dr Pang and wonder if anyone has any experience with her. Please share!

Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

totomum is offline Registered User

Hi AprilBuddy2014,
    We are using Dr Selina Pang at Hong Kong Health Practice -based out of the Hing Wai building in Central, not sure if that is one and the same person...?
    Have been seeing her since March - originally at the Adventist but have been following up more recently at the HK health practice in Central as the ultrasound is newer.
    Initially she seemed a little distant/ perfunctory in manner but she warmed up after a few visits and we now feel very comfortable.
    Absolutely no complaints so far. Not that we are super knowledgeable - this is our first and we are due mid November.
    Good luck!

AprilBuddy2014 is offline Registered User

Hi Totomum,

I believe she has 2 offices but I am not sure about the other one. I am seeing her in Prince Building Central Medical.

My first impression of her is that she is calm and patient when it comes to answering questions but somehow I didn't feel so connected to her because she is a bit cool. It is the same impression you have. I hope, like you said, it will get better when I have my second visit after first trimester.

When is your edd? Where will you be delivering?

kazkm is offline Registered User

Hi AprilBuddy2014,

Are you planning on a natural birth? Then I wouldn't recommend her. I had my daughter with Dr Pang last May and strongly regret that I chose her.

She prefers to "schedule" her patients' births and tricked me into a labor using a completely unnecessary inducing. She said the contractions had started but I needed "a little help". My husband confronted her saying very clearly that we don't want to induce the labor, she said to our faces it's not induction but augmentation. I was still 37 weeks.

I have to admit that I was too naive to belive what she said and didn't fight back more strongly but I never imagined a doctor would do such a thing!

If you're a strong lady with better knowledge than I had then go for it. Otherwise you can find a better one!

bibik8 is offline Registered User

Hi! I was lucky enough not to get induced. Dr Pang was also lucky that my baby came out early, as in mid morning. The nurses whispered to me that Dr. Pang was hoping that my baby came out early so that she could make it to her clinic schedule service for the day.

When I first met her, she seemed so reserved and timid. However, she is knowledgeable in what she does. Since I'm not from Hong Kong, at the end of the day, I just needed someone to help me get it done, since it's my 2nd baby anyway so I already have an idea what giving birth is like. And so, when she delivered my baby and hardly said anything except a soft "one last push" and finally "good job", I really wasn't so surprised at all.

When Dr Eric Lee introduced me to the idea of seeing Dr Pang (as he no longer delivers babies), he specifically told me that he holds her skills in very high regard. But, at the end of the day, you also need to check your chemistry with the doctor, how well you will get along.

If you need someone who will get it done and will get it done right without so much hoopla or cooing or handholding, she's your girl.

Kaylau is offline Registered User

Dr. Selina Pang delivered my twin girls last month. She is professional, caring and super nice. The consultation fee is acceptable. I highly recommend her.

hk18 is offline Registered User

Hi AprilBuddy2014,

I go to Dr. Pang for regular check ups such as pap smears and other female issues (UTI/yeast/etc). Initially I felt that she was nice but after a few visits I would definitely not recommend her. I felt that she was incredibly dismissive with my questions and made me feel like I was too concerned or overreactive. One time she even hung up on me while I was asking her questions regarding my results which I thought was shockingly rude. I called back 3 times and the nurse said that Dr. Pang told her that she had already told me my results and to just come pick up my medication. Another friend of mine have also told me that she would not recommend Dr. Pang but I decided to give it a go as it was in a very convenient location and she always had openings. I will definitely not be returning.