Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jollygood

How do you get the boogers out?

Grumbler is offline Registered User

How do you get the boogers out?

So we have used the bulb and also another one that you suck it out with a tube. The first few times she seemed okay for most part and I was able to get them out most of the time. But last two times that we have tried, she basically gone non-stop crying for 15 minutes right after I put saline solution in her nose. Not throwing fits or anything, but literately crying her lungs out with tons of real tears. Won't even dare to try to get the boogers out after the way that she was crying. Does this happen to all newborns? How do you guys deal with this? Just leave the boogers in her nose? Thanks.

jollygood is offline Registered User
    You really do have the funniest posts ;) How are you both handling your new-found careers?!

Are you talking boogers or snot? If it's snot, just leave it. If boogers - they probably bother you more than little bub. If you really must, you don't need to use a snot sucker. No wonder she's blubbing. Have you tried that contraption on yourself?

All that said, I don't own a snot sucker but I do find little-one's boogers slightly offensive. If I suspect there's one there (or there clearly is a huge on there) then I screw up a bit of tissue and stick it up her nostrils. She doesn't seem to mind this at all (compared to when I do the same with her ears). It works like magic - or it would if I didn't have to deal with a droopy tissue.

Hope that helps.

well, I think it's more like boogers than snot. or somewhere in between. it's usually milky white. just following online instructions by putting nasal saline first and then suck it out. but putting the nasal saline part feels like freaking water-boarding the kid. I mean it's more than 30 minutes now she is still not completely calm yet.

you know what, I will just leave it in in the future. I think the whole experience is not only uncomfortable but also scary. don't want to leave psychological scars either. hope this time it didn't hurt her nose. I mean she was like choking on saline or something. she was never that upset and crying that loud before. not even while getting vaccination. now I hate myself. :(

jollygood is offline Registered User
    Yes, you should. Waterboarding your newborn baby?!!!

No, seriously, I'm sure (hope) no harm is done. The advice is just to leave it if the child is not having any difficulty breathing. I have been so tempted to get one of those things because baby snores, snorts and snuffles so much sometimes, but it's not worth the pain.

I look forward to your next post ;) The adventures of Mr & Mrs Grumbler and Grumbling Baby
    Grumbler likes this.

our first. pretty sure more stuff is going to come up in the near future. was searching on yahoo and found out that I am not the first parent who does not know how to use baby nasal saline. ;)

Mingaling is offline Registered User
    I was going to post ur exact question. My baby girl (3 months) recently has boogers and I have been looking for the nosefrida (my friends swear by it) in HK but with no luck yet. I found that if u wait, ur baby will eventually sneeze it out.

Scroll to top