Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Miscarried twice - and need advice on potential third pregnancy

Kartaly is offline Registered User

Miscarried twice - and need advice on potential third pregnancy

Dear all,

I miscarried twice last year, both in the first trimester. During the first, there was a sac but no heartbeat; the second we saw the heartbeat twice but it stopped in the 11th week. We changed doctors for the second one. Carried out tests - for genetics, lupus and anticardiolipin - but negative.

Now, it looks like I might be pregnant again. It is very early days - just five weeks - and an ultrasound shows just a shadow that indicates the embryo. My previous doctor was satisfactory but she's now on maternity leave, and the stand-in seems rather green. She did gave me progesterone pills but said no to baby aspirin since there is a "very slim chance" the shadow might be a blood clot.

I'm very anxious about this pregnancy, if indeed it's one, after two miscarriages. My husband and I are trying not to hope too much in case it fails again. And naturally we hope to do everything we can to make sure this one survives. Will be grateful for anyone who has walked the same path and may have some advice. Are progesterone pills enough, or should I opt for suppositories or jabs instead? Is there anything else I can or should do?

Also, if anyone knows a good experienced doctor who has handled recurrent miscarriages, please do let me know!

Thank you!

myway2014 is offline Registered User

Hi Kartaly, I just had my second miscarriage and did the operation yesterday. did you happen to find any experienced doctor ? Please let me know as well.

Thanks

way

Very sorry to hear that, Way. I'm now seeing Dr Ghosh at Admiralty. He is very expensive - but experienced.

dreamgate is offline Registered User

I did have two miscarriages in a row each at very early stage. My OB thought it was possibly due to blood clot and put me under baby aspirin. I am now 38 weeks pregnant. My OB is Michelle Tsui. I highly recommend her.

Ah yes, am now on baby aspirin too. As well as progesterone suppositories. Am now in my 13th week - and keeping fingers crossed! Dreamgate, when do you ever stop worrying? I'm even thinking of getting a fetal doppler so I can check in on its heartbeat in between my (almost weekly!) visits.

I stopped worrying when I felt the baby moving and kicking around 20 weeks :)

Not sure about getting a fetal doppler.... don't you think it may just reinforce your stress? As you enter the second trimester, you just have to try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. :)

myway2014 is offline Registered User

it's good to hear all the good news from you girls. give me some hope.
    I think we will try again next year.
    I just did my blood test today, let's see if there is any abnormal things.

All the best and God Bless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast