Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

9 weeks pregnant - Soon moving to HK

CoquinaHK is offline Registered User

9 weeks pregnant - Soon moving to HK

Hi ladies,

It's such a relief to find this forum! I am 9 weeks pregnant and I will move to Hong Kong in three weeks time... I am due late February. but given my age I have been told an earlier C section, around 10th feb, would be a safer option. Anyway, I am now in London ans d will need to seek antenatal care and plan for delivery in Hong Kong asap. I have no clues at all! Whom should I contact first in HK? Where shall I register? Basically, where shall I start from? Any help appreciated! Many thanks and I hope I will soon be able to give away tips myself ;)

emch1224 is offline Registered User
    Welcome! I guess the first step is to figure out whether you are going private or public? That will determine what steps to take next. Might want to read up on this... I found the system to be very different to my home country.

http://www.geobaby.com/pregnancy/9-m...t-in-hong-kong

Also, you might want to join a free group consultation provided by Annerley... They answer all questions for newly pregnant ladies who have no idea what to do in Hong Kong ;)

http://annerley.com.hk/index.php/Product/631.html

Good luck and congrats! x

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

pollyrafiq is offline Registered User
    Welcome CoquinaHK of your pregnancy and you have decided to labor in Hong Kong, you can join our continuous thread of the Jan-Mar pregnancy to see other people's pregnancy story, it's a good medical system in Hong Kong and to decide if you want to use public or private doctor service, private is better as follow through, short waiting time plus all the prenatal examination will be scheduled to you rather than by luck and by chance in public service, see if the company you work for or your partner's company has provide the maternity package.

As my hubby is British while myself is Australian, we can share how to enroll our baby for all the necessary registration of UK documents while the baby will be born in Hong Kong!!!

You can either pm or contact for more details, cheers and be happy and excited to the "City Never Sleep".

Cheers!

Dear pollyrafiq and emch1224, thank you so much for your warm welcome and the useful links and info. I will definitely get in touch with Annerley and we are inquiring with my husband's company to check about maternity package, even if I strongly doubt they will cover for this. Pollyrafiq, I do live in the UK but both my husband and I are Italian so I don't know how to enroll the baby for UK documentation. I am sure it will be pretty straightforward even if it might take some time (especially for Italy, you know, our well known inefficiency... ;) I think we just need to contact our consulates there long enough before delivering (and getting in touch with them might be a nightmare!). I will join and follow the Jan-Mar thread so see you there.
    Ciao!
    PS: if not the city, I hope our babies will sleep...

pollyrafiq is offline Registered User
    ConquinaHK, looking forward to meet you in person and continue to chat and follow the Jan-Mar thread, see ya!

glkray is offline Registered User
    I think Hong Kong will treat you well. It has a very efficient healthcare system. If your husband's company doesn't cover private doctors with his insurance, know that once you get your Hong Kong ID, all checkups/Downs testing in the public system are free and I'm told delivery is so cheap most use their metro cards to pay for it! Haha. I'm due Feb 12 or so and have already been through a few appts with the public sector. They're a great cost saver, especially if you will be taking off work after the baby for a while.

Thanks jlkray! I just took my booking appointment with Queen Mary and feel very reassured and safe after talking to so many people and getting their advice. Thanks geobaby mums! ;) I will probably take a complement package with Annerley for birth preparation and other stuff or see a private obs occasionally, I am still hesitating between the two options, I would not want to duplicate checks and make unnecessary checks/scans. Which hospital are you registered with?
    rani likes this.

glkray is offline Registered User
    I'm registered with Prince of Wales since I'm in the New Territories. My friend is giving birth at Queen Mary in a couple months though. Since there are already so many appts scheduled for me, I'm going to stick to just one private clinic visit for the 20 week ultrasound. With work, there's only so much time I want to take off. :) Hope you're enjoying HK so far!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast