Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Due Date - March 2015

kej182 is offline Registered User
    MrsMaow, Have you registered yet? It took me over an hour just to get booked in for my first check up.
    HK Public system is not quite like the NHS....

Mei12 Welcome to the club! Roll on March 2015.

Isabella2014 is offline Registered User
    I am not sure yet. i talked to my OB and he said that we should take a tour of Queen Marry to see what it is like in order to decide. Has anyone done a tour or delivered at QM? What was their experience?

k.kong is offline Registered User
    I delivered at QM. No bells & whistles, very production line. Stayed overnight and left ASAP.
    Lactation support at the hospital wasn't great, recommend organising your own if you plan on breast feeding.
    You also need to be rather forceful when asking for pain relief - I nearly didn't get an epidural, and I was on my own and in agony. If they do offer and you decline then thinking you'll get it later, there's a good chance you won't!

Isabella2014 is offline Registered User
    Oh goodness! Good to know. So was dad allowed to be with you the entire time? Do they speak English well? Would you do it again?

Kartaly is offline Registered User
    Hi Isabella,

I was admitted to the QM obstetrics ward for another procedure. I find that the staff are very knowledgeable, speak fluent English and quite kind. But the downside is long waiting times such as for scans, and my husband was not allowed into the ward with me. From what I've read, for deliveries, the husband is allowed into the delivery room, but not in the ward (which you'd be sharing with five or six others). Those who have delivered should be able to tell you more.

On another note, does anyone know if it'd be safe to travel in the first trimester? I'll be 11.5 weeks next week, and I'm thinking of taking a short 3.5-hour flight. My doc has said previously that it should be fine. But I have had two previous miscarriages, both in the first trimester, and I was wondering if flying could potentially exacerbate the condition, if any...

evgreen is offline Registered User
    I delivered private hospital for my first, but went public for some follow up (my baby had jaundice). I found the lactation consultant at Pamela Youde to be really excellent so it really depends! I had first scan today and I'm due March 18:)
    MrsMaow likes this.

evgreen is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kartaly View Post
    Hi Isabella,

I was admitted to the QM obstetrics ward for another procedure. I find that the staff are very knowledgeable, speak fluent English and quite kind. But the downside is long waiting times such as for scans, and my husband was not allowed into the ward with me. From what I've read, for deliveries, the husband is allowed into the delivery room, but not in the ward (which you'd be sharing with five or six others). Those who have delivered should be able to tell you more.

On another note, does anyone know if it'd be safe to travel in the first trimester? I'll be 11.5 weeks next week, and I'm thinking of taking a short 3.5-hour flight. My doc has said previously that it should be fine. But I have had two previous miscarriages, both in the first trimester, and I was wondering if flying could potentially exacerbate the condition, if any...
    You should follow doctor's advice. Flying shouldn't affect your pregnancy at all though. I have done two short haul flights already since I found out I was pregnant. Hth!

revesi is offline Registered User
    Neither my husband or I are covered for maternity so it's a no brainer for us to go to Queen Mary for delivery. But for pre natal care and scans I'm going to the Woman's Clinic. My first appt at the designated clinic for QM is on 16 th Sep. I'm def looking for a lactation consultant because I hear QM can be quick to give bottle feed if the mother is having some trouble breast feeding, which can be quite common for first time mothers

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast