Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Due Date - April 2015

jasmin2105 is offline Registered User
    Hi All!

I'm a "new" expecting mom:) and five weeks into my pregnancy. I am due sometime middle/late May. My husband (lawyer) and I (finance) moved to Hong Kong three weeks ago from Germany. It is our first baby. So everything is very exciting! I would love to get to know other expecting moms. When do you meet next?

Best wishes!
    Jasmin

Tori C is offline Registered User
    Hi Jasmin

Welcome to Hong Kong! We're going out for dinner on Thursday 25th. If you PM me your mobile number, I will add you to our What's App group.

Cheers
    Tori

Dashwood is offline Registered User
    Hi,

I hope its ok, i have also sent you a PM. Due in mid/late May as well!

Hi everyone!

I am going to have my baby through the public system (QMH) and supplement this with a private OBGYN. I was thinking of using Dr Rogers as i have used him before. Does anyone else have any recommendations? I heard Dr Doo is good but has just opened a Fertility Clinic and is very busy.

Any suggestions would be very welcome! Thanks :)

Tori C is offline Registered User
    I use Dr. May Mok who is Dr. Dhoo's partner at The Women's Clinic. I really like her.

Thanks! I will check it out.

Kim1978 is offline Registered User
    Hi Dashwood, Dr Doo is my doctor. Yes he is quite busy but he's very good and we like him a lot. he delivered my first 2 (through IVF) and will deliver this one too. I think most dr's are quite busy, but I've rarely had to wait longer than 30 mins and they will ring me ahead of time if he's really running late.

Fuzzie75 is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is all jolly and well!and def glad to join the group.

I'm first time mum at 39. Scary!
    My dd is 5th April and believe it or not, at 13 weeks, I have not booked any hospital... lol. I'm currently seeing an OB in HK Sanatorium but I have not decided if I want to deliver there coz my OB will be on hols during my EDD

Just wondering where most of u moms have chosen to deliver on Hk island and if u could share your additional considerations (apart from the fact your OB delivers there will be good)

Apart from gathering arrangement, I was hoping to get some discussion going from you mums to be. here

1. Have you ladies decided if u are going for C-sec or VB?
    I'm still relatively undecided.
    I am inclined to do VB but the fact that its over the LONG PH and the inflated emergency C sec cost is def a deterrent. How do u gals decide which way to go?
    My current OB seem to prefer C-sec (i m assuming its my age factor) but she seemed ok for VB but hell, she's not gonna be here when my due date comes.

2. Did any of u pay for down syndrome test?
    I opted for SafeT21 and it has been 2 weeks but have not heard back from hospital.
    Worried. How long did u ladies have to wait if u had opted for Down's test?
    Do u think I should call the hospital to find out?

3. Your choice of hospital (on Hk island)
    I am undecided. If i choose not to go Hk sanatorium, I will have to look for new OB who will deliver say canossa or matilda and pray there is space in hospital. I dont have insurance to cover the cost so I guess matilda might be out. :( jasmine, I read u chosen Hk sanatorium, is there a reason why?

One of my fear for Hk sanatorium is the distance between my place in central to Happy valley. During peak hours on weekends and fri, the traffic is horrendenous and unmovable at times. So I was thinking if I have a VB, then what if I get stuck in the middle of the road! gasp. I'm prob letting my worry get the better of me.

4. If I do change my OB and hospital, could you share your Ob info with me?

5. Do u ladies have Domestic helper? I have been surviving without one and now wondering if I should or worthwhile to engage one. I wont be working after birth but I dont have any other family help apart from my man. I would so hate to dump more stuff at him considering he will be sole bread winner.

Thanks for any advice!

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast