- 08-07-2014, 04:48 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2014
First pregnancy - Lots of questions
I am now 8 weeks along and very excited about being a first time mom. I have had my first scan with a private OB-GYN and was instructed to wait until I had my appointment at PMH to have blood and urine tests done. I went through today and registered, which was actually a very easy process. My first appointment has been booked for 11 September where they will hopefully do a medical history check as well as blood test and another scan. This brings me to my first question - is it normal to have your first antenatal appointment that late in the first trimester? I am worried because at the moment the only thing I have done is had one scan which showed the babies heartbeat.
My second appointment for the screening of down syndrome has been booked for 25 September, this is between week 16 - 19. I was told that they were fully booked for the screenings that should be done between weeks 11 and 13. Is it alright to have the screening done when I am in my second trimester as I was under the impression that it is better to do it earlier. Has anyone had their screening done by a private OB and if so what were the costs involved?
Thanks in advance for any feedback you may have.
- 08-07-2014, 05:35 PM #2
Have a read through these articles.
Pregnant in Hong Kong: Public vs. Private Hospitals - Hong Kong GeoBaby
Antenatal Care In Hong Kong - Hong Kong GeoBaby
It is quite common for mums who have opted to go through the Gov't system to see a midwife or Dr privately. You can make an appointment with Annerley Annerley - Maternity and Early Childhood Specialists - Clinic if you don' want to choose a DrFounder of GeoBaby.Com
- 08-11-2014, 11:44 AM #3Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2014
Thank you so much for your response. I phoned a few places and have managed to get an earlier appointment for the screening. Feel much happier now. These forums definitely help ease ones mind :)
- By yikes in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 02-16-2012, 04:12 PM
- By Coco2008 in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 10-02-2008, 01:25 PM
- By PreggerC in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 06-04-2007, 11:38 AM
- By snagito in forum Moving ForumsReplies: 11Last Post: 04-20-2007, 07:56 PM
- By rani in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 02-09-2004, 02:19 PM