Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please recommend an agency for direct hire

AprilBuddy2014 is offline Registered User

Please recommend an agency for direct hire

Hi everyone,

I have identified a helper who is in the Philippines. Does anyone have any recommendation that's responsible and cheap in helping out with the paperwork? I realize I must have to hire an agency to do this as long as the helper is not in HK. Otherwise would have done the paperwork myself.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

rani is offline Administrator
    a few friends have used Helperin in wanchai

http://www.helper-in.com/
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

AprilBuddy2014 is offline Registered User
    Thanks Rani..let me check it out!!

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

gielian is offline Registered User
    I also have a helper who volunteered in the Philippines (not a complete stranger as she used to work for my godmother). AprilBuddy & Rani, may I ask if I really really need to go through an agency if it is our first time to hire a helper -- a helper without any HK experience. Please help. Thank you!

Yes you need to go through an agency if she's never worked in HK before. Make sure you find one that's not going to charge her. Quite a few will still try and squeeze the helper for a finder's fee even though you found her yourself.

I hired a helper who's contract was terminated and we were forced to use an agency. The agency changed the correspondence address on the immigration forms,which I had filled to their own and were planning on holding her visa ransom for a few hundred dollars. I was so mad, they would try and take advantage of her. Ended up picking up the visa myself and couriered it to the helper. Cost less than $30 to courier to Macau vs the $500 they were trying to extort from her.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Sometimes I don't understand these businesses...didn't they know that being honest keeps the employers/clients happy and they'll come back for more business in the future.

May I ask if you know any other agencies..aside from helper-in.com that could assist me? Thanks Rani!

It's not the business, its the mentality of the people. Starts from the top Government / consulate who want a piece of the pie. You can hire an Indian / Sri Lankan helper without an agency.

Have recommended Helper-in to a few friends who had positive experiences. Another agency you can speak to is Asian Charm in Sheung Wan.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Thanks rani! I have sent an email to helper-in but no response yet...will have to call them later. have also found a thread about Emry's, Aura and Logoncorp -- will also speak to Emry's this saturday. I do prefer Filipino helpers as we speak the language too :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast