- 08-24-2014, 04:18 PM #1
Placenta encapsulation in a Public Hospital
There was an article in today's SCMP about a Mum's battle with Queen Mary for her placenta, which is usually disposed off as medical waste.
Although there has been very little scientific study on the consumption of placenta, mums have claimed it has improved their milk production, recovery, hormone imbalance, and averts postnatal depression.
Read the full story here;
Mother-to-be locked in battle with Hong Kong hospital over right to keep placenta | South China Morning Post
If you'd like to know more about Placenta Encapsulation you can contact Liz at A Mother's Touch
A Mother' TouchFounder of GeoBaby.Com
- 08-26-2014, 07:47 AM #2
@Rani, thanks for sharing, I am also going to keep my placenta and turn it into pills after my childbirth, I've seen the positive effect on my mother as she use placenta to stop aging, and it works.
Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks
- 08-28-2014, 10:13 AM #3
There is an update in today's paper.
The mum has had her baby, and the placenta has been stored in the fridge, where it can keep for 3 days. Hopefully she'll be able to take it home.
Woman fighting for right to keep placenta has baby; disputed organ ?chilling? in fridge | South China Morning PostFounder of GeoBaby.Com
- By footprints in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 03-26-2011, 01:13 AM
- By kip1 in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 06-11-2010, 09:45 AM
- By NewBabyLA in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 15Last Post: 05-14-2010, 11:14 PM
- By 1st_time_dad in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 14Last Post: 02-21-2006, 05:55 PM
- By preggo in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 14Last Post: 09-01-2004, 03:05 PM