Hi, my wife is going to give birth any day now and I was wondering if anyone can help me with some travel document questions. My wife and I live in Shenzhen. She's Chinese citizen and I'm U.S. Citizen. Both of us have HKID as I work in Hong Kong, but we would like to take the baby back to China as soon as possible.

1) After registering the birth, how long do we have to wait for the HK passport and HK ID? Is there anyway to expedite this process?

2) What is the document we need to bring our baby back to China? what's the process of applying for this document and how long do we have to wait for it?

Thank you for your help!