Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

chiropractor during pregnancy?

catan is offline Registered User

chiropractor during pregnancy?

I'm 31 weeks pregnant and have pain in lower back and pelvis for some months now. Can a chiropractor help with this at this stage of the pregnancy? Any recommendations?

BEAu is offline Registered User
    Hi catan!
    I'm 35+ weeks and have been seeing a chiropractor for an old injury that has affected my pelvis and tailbone. And she has helped me tremendously. It doesn't take away all the pain, but at least you can get adjustments and be sure your pelvis is ready to give birth (if going natural). Or maybe you can go for prenatal massages. I've never been but heard those will help relax sore muscles (not sure what your pain is from). I've gone to several chiropractors, some won't work on pregnant ladies and some just weren't good. The one I go to is great and she is very knowledgable and works mainly with pregnant ladies. Let me know if you want her info.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Hi beau, thanks for your message! Who do you go to? I'm planning on a natural delivery so pelvic alignment would be good.

I injured my tailbone in my last delivery over 3 years ago and it took a year to heal on its own. I've also been to prenatal massages, but they don't do anything for me other than just a relaxing hour. I was used to much stronger tui na massage prior to pregnancy.

rani is offline Administrator
    You can see one of the Drs at Optimal Health. I used to go to Alex Ling when when I injured myself in the gym.

Optimal Health Chiropractic, Hong Kong | Dr. Alex Ling & Dr. Belinda Forsyth
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

BEAu is offline Registered User
    Catan,
    I totally understand. The massages only give you that one hour of relaxation but pain doesn't go away. I also like the stronger tui na massages! I fractured my tailbone and the fall caused my pelvis to rotate forward by like 90 degrees. At first doctor said I most likely will need to have c-section but I refused to believe that. After going to the chiropractor (so far 7 times during pregnancy), she has corrected the position of my pelvis and relieved a lot of the pain I had. I went today for my checkup at the obgyn and she said everything looks good and natural birth seems to be extremely promising!! But I'm also doing prenatal Pilates which has helped also. My chiropractor is in central. Her name is Michelle Zhou. She works at
    Drs. B.S. Vaughan & Asociates
    2522 7998
    www.bsvchiro.com

If you join the 10 adjustments package it's cheaper. Give it a try. Hope it helps!!

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Thanks rani & beau for the recommendations! I'll check them out. My insurance covers chiropractic care if I have a referral from a doctor, so I need to find a doctor who would refer me. The MCHC I go to refused already.