Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Public Physio antenatal exercise classes

Amigakati is offline Registered User

Public Physio antenatal exercise classes

Hi,

I'm signed up to start the physio exercise classes with QMH in a few weeks but am wondering if I really need to do them apart from to get the 'birthing ball certificate'

- I am physically fit and active anyway, doing yoga / swimming / gentle jogging / lots of walking
    - I am doing hypno-birthing, so with this and yoga feel I have a good grounding in the breathing aspect

Any opinions most welcomed. Have you done these yourself?
    It just seems a lot of time on top of the other antenatal classes on saturdays! But I would like access to the ball in the hospital if wished. Silly thing is they won't let me go to that week as I'll already be over the last week they let you do it!

Thanks, Kat

Chobes is offline Registered User
    Hi,

Bumping up...
    Id also like to know if there are public antenatal classes. As it is not covered by insurance, id like to know of lower-cost (but still good) antenatal classes in HK.

Thanks!

superbaby80 is offline Registered User
    Same here. Are there any cheap or free antenatal classes

Liseliselise is offline Registered User
    I attended an antenatal exercise class in Tsan Yuk hospital which is affiliated with Queen Mary. If you are registered with them, you can attend these antenatal exercise classes (100HKD for the one I attended) but they fill up very quickly. I was late signing up for the English spoken classes and only got into the Relaxation and Mental Strategies class and the Comfort Measures class. I attended the Relaxation and Mental Strategies class which was good if you don't do any other antenatal classes/yoga . If you do hypno birthing, I don't think you need to attend these public antenatal relaxation classes. I couldn't attend the birthing ball class to get the certificate, but my doula (from A Mother's Touch) told me that I could just tell the hospital that I did the birthing ball class with them and the hospital would allow me to use the birthing ball during labour without any problems. In the end I cancelled the Comfort Measures class because my doula also provided a private class about this. Hope this info helps!