Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Bubble wrapping stroller for air travel...how safe is it??

threebabies is offline Registered User

Bubble wrapping stroller for air travel...how safe is it??

Hi,

We are travelling in a week's time through thai airways with a bugaboo bee plus and from other forums iv gathered that people very frequently bubble wrap their strollers...

My question is how safe is it??esp. When I am gate checking my stroller...will it be good enough??or should I buy the sturdy transport bag??we don't travel too much so didn't want to spend 1600 Hkd on something that I'm not even going to use later on...so is bubble wrap a good idea and will it protect the stroller from all the damages or just the scratches n dirt,which can easily be avoided by even plastic bag??

Is it really worth the pain??or should I just use a big plastic bag before giving it at the gate.

Any comments are much appreciated.

Thsnks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

2010-NewDad is offline Registered User
    We've used the airline provided plastic bags on a few dozen flights without problem. Most damage to suitcases seems to come from banging down on the pick up carousel - so if you pick up your stroller when you get off the plane that should avoid that issue.

k.kong is offline Registered User
    Yes- agree - haven't had a problem either. Best to drop off & pick up at the gate, it goes straight into the hold, so less handling.
    Also suggest that if you have any damage, claim it on your travel insurance (or in some cases I think the airline will cover it if they have damaged it).
    Or, if you travel a lot, buy a cheap stroller just for travel. I have the bugaboo bee too, but use a cheap umbrella stroller for travel (lighter than the bee too!)

threebabies is offline Registered User
    Update:

I got very lucky I would say,as I got my stroller bak in perfect condition.....What actually hapenned was that hubbs checked in the stroller in the oversize luggage (by mistake) with a very thin gate check bag...cause the check in guy asked him to do so 😢

I was away nursing the LO...and kept praying for the stroller to come out safe the other end....

And guess what...the stroller came out just fine...to all my surprise...I did use bubble wrap to protect the structure though...but I'd say God was on my side heh or let's say my stroller's side...lolll

So I guess bubble wrap can do wonders...if it can survive baggage containers n the ruthless baggage unloaders..

And thanks to hubbs...am glad I was over protective and used both....gate check bag n bubble wrap...I'm sure then just a plastic bag or a thin gaye check bag would be enough for gate checking as well...

Thanks for feedbacks....
    😊

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks