Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Flying Cathay Pacific with an infant

Anika Lucia is offline Registered User

Red face Flying Cathay Pacific with an infant

I am moving to HK next month and will be flying from LAX to HK on Cathay with my 4 month old daughter. I am wondering if anyone has experience with the bassinet situation on this airline? I have booked the bulkhead seats in economy premium yet I am a bit concerned as the bassinet lays right on the bathroom wall. I am wondering if the flushing and/or opening and closing of the bathroom door is bothersome or even noticeable. I have also thought about getting the bulkhead seats in the first row of economy as the seats appear quieter and separated from all the bathrooms and galleys. I would greatly appreciate any feedback!

Thank you,

Anika

Ipamamull is offline Registered User

Dear Anika
    Yes I have some experience flying from HK to London at 3 months old then following trips to Australia, Vietnam, Thailand and Singapore. And Japan next week now 7 months. Quite a little frequent flyer. the configuration in prem economy is 2 4 2 seats We always take the seats on the side 30 G and H. These are set behind the toilet. Whereas the middle four seats are set a little further forward so I think F is not so great which isvcloser and can more adjacent to the toilet. I don't opt fir middle sears. Further the middle four have less leg room than the side seats.
    The bassinet seats in premium economy are not disrupted by the toilets.
    The general hum/noise of flying is a constant also that drowns out noise. The most annoying thing flying is you finally get your baby to sleep in the bassinet then on come fasten safety belts. Every time you then have to pick up the baby. Happened several times so poor baby was woken up a lot! I don't find economy quieter. More people packed in and always a que for a tiny toilet so not great when you need to nappy change. I would not recommend econ.

Anika Lucia is offline Registered User

Thank you so very much for your reply! It came just in time. I really wanted to speak with someone that had flown with a baby. I am really nervous.

Very much appreciated!

Anika

Ipamamull is offline Registered User

Enlist the help of the flight attendants. I flew alone to Australua. They helped carry my bags off the flight and put up the stroller for me as I was holding the baby. Hope you have a good flight. I was nervous too. Are you travelling alone. If so see if they will block the seat next to you.