Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Medela Breastpump

honeytea is offline Registered User
    I bought a Pump in Style from the U.S. two years ago, used it after I had my first baby, and lent it to a cousin for her baby, and now using it again for my second baby. It's still working fine. Just need to get an adapter to convert HK's voltage of 220V to 110V!

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    You will need an adapter for the breastpump because HK runs on 220 v while the US runs on 110 v. I brought my Medela Pump n Style from the States and nearly blew out the motor by just plugging it into an outlet here. So, we ended up buying an adapter that was actually meant for a camera and have run it with that.

For the repairs we've needed to have over the years, we've just contacted the company directly--but you can buy the replacement parts fairly cheaply through Celki.

I just bought a second-hand Freestyle Medela pump here in HK for about $2000 HKD...not very old, not used much by the first owner--came with the receipt from Celki (for that whopping $6600 HKD!) That's also an option. Many people here purchase a full kit of breastpump gear and then realize they don't really use it much. With proper cleaning and parts replacement (such as the tubing--which is cheap to replace) buying a second-hand breastpump is a convenient way to save a lot of money.

BTW, have breastfed two children, pumped for 9 months at my work every day with one and exclusively pumped for the other for 6 months and am soon to give birth to a third so have quite a bit experience with breastpumps--especially Medela.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12