Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Maternity services in Clearwater Bay

Susanna25 is offline Registered User

Maternity services in Clearwater Bay

Hi all

Am likely to move soon to Clearwater Bay Area and am 6.5mnths pregnant (recently arrived from UK).

Would love to hear of anyones experiences with the public clinics and hospitals in the area.

Pregnancy has been normal, so I'm planning a natural birth.

Cheers all

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks

Susanna25 is offline Registered User
    Hi. Further update, and would really appreciate some advice if anyone knows...

We have now moved to Ho Chung New Village and I visited the MCHC in Tseung Kwan O today with the hopes of registering and getting further maternity care. However I was told 3 different things by the centre and hospital and left with the impression that I have to see a HK Dr to get a referral first. Is this the correct and if so should it be a GP or an obstetrician?

Anyone any local recommendations? We also don't have a car yet so traveling around with a 2.9yo on the buses.

Trying not to panic but I'm not sure what I should do next!

I thought I had done enough research but nothing seems to be making sense now I am here.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Nic is offline Registered User
    Mid Levels
    To register at a MCHC you will need a letter from a GP or Ob stating you are pregnant, proof of address, and your ID card (and passport with visa, if applicable) and ID card (and passport/visa if applicable) for your husband.

At least that is my memory but it was a few years ago now.

Mangosteen11 is offline Registered User
    Yep, just get a doctor to give you a certificate confirming your pregnancy. I think you can also get one from the family planning clinic (not sure where the nearest one is to CWB). I am also navigating the public system and am finding it confusing, but doable.

I live really near Ho Chung, so if you fancy going for a walk/waddle, send me a message.

nyhkmom is offline Registered User
    i live in sai kung and though registered at matilda to deliver, ending up delivering at qmh. though qmh is not in the area, we got there pretty quickly and felt it was a better option for us than the closer public hospitals near by.