Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

How long does it's takes to register a newborn baby

nyhkmom is offline Registered User
    i delivered at qmh last june and took more than a week from when i gave birth until the birth showed up in the online register for us to to obtain a hk birth certificate.
    we checked every day and called qmh about it since it was the start of a longer process in order to get usa passport and citizenship record to then be able to apply our baby for his hk dependency visa. however, qmh told us then it would take some time since there are a lot of records going through and the 5 days don't include weekdays. hope this helps and good luck!

Albina is offline Registered User
    Yes sure, I meant 5 working days. But I won't be surprised if it would take longer. I was also told that summer time is a "high season" for deliveries, and winter is quite quiet. So maybe in this case it will make the process faster.

yes, totally meant to write that qmh said weekends don't count towards processing and the summer is definitely high baby delivery season so could slow things down. also, qmh told us they didn't submit our son's info to records registration until after he was actually discharged from qmh. this added to the longer time since he had to spend some time in the special baby care unit.

Albina is offline Registered User
    Honestly I am a bit shocked that they submitted your sons's info only after he was discharged from qmh, not after he was born. Hmmm

yes, we thought it was odd too since we had past the usual 5 days and still couldn't register online for an appointment. i was discharged before my son since he went into the special baby care unit so was following up on this since we wanted to travel back home with the baby for a visit so needed to start processing his usa passport and hk visa asap. the qmh nurse told us that they didn't submit until after he was discharged, hence why his record was not showing up to make an online appt.

VeraTurina is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by nyhkmom View Post
    yes, we thought it was odd too since we had past the usual 5 days and still couldn't register online for an appointment. i was discharged before my son since he went into the special baby care unit so was following up on this since we wanted to travel back home with the baby for a visit so needed to start processing his usa passport and hk visa asap. the qmh nurse told us that they didn't submit until after he was discharged, hence why his record was not showing up to make an online appt.
    Thank you for your reply. I'll try to push qmh to make all documents ready before they will discharge me. Hope that it will help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12