Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

X-ray during pregnancy

slin is offline Registered User

X-ray during pregnancy

Hi mommies,

Has anyone done an abdominal x-ray and then found out you are pregnant a few weeks later? Did it affect your pregnancy/baby? I'm worried if it may affect my developing embryo ;'( most baby and pregnancy sites state that there are very low risk but am still extremely worried cos the radiation is directly on the uterus. Feeling extremely stupid for going ahead with my annual check up. ;'(

Pandy is offline Registered User
    I would personally avoid having any xrays while pregnant, unless it was medically necessary. If you really want the xray as part of your check up, perhaps wait till the baby is delivered. Xrays are only generally a few hundred dollars anyway if it needs to be paid out of your pocket.

Pandy is offline Registered User
    Sorry I didnt read the original post carefully to note you already had the xray. You didnt know you were pregnant when you had the xray, so I wouldnt beat yourself up about it. I had to have a minor operation when I was pregnant and worried alot about the effects of the meds ect, but in the end baby was born healthy.

tiffafa is offline Registered User
    According*to the American Academy of Family Physicians, x-rays are generally*safe during pregnancy, but there is quite a bit of controversy surrounding*this issue. Studies have been conflicting, and therefore x-rays should*only be done when the benefits outweigh the risks. X-rays can give*your health care provider important and even life saving information*about numerous medical conditions. Like many things, x-rays can have*risks as well as benefits.

Personally, I don't want to approach x ray if possible

Loveisgood is offline Registered User
    Don't stress over it now since it's been done. Enjoy your pregnancy and relax! :)
    Good luck!

slin is offline Registered User
    Thanks! We r praying for the best. :)

beautysasa is offline Registered User
    dont think too much...
    relax and enjoy your pregnancy first..:)

Woofie is offline Registered User
    Hi there, I had a chest x-Ray at wk3.5 and found out 1 week later that I was pregnant, stressed about it totally did some research and found out it's just a very small dose of radiation, and the chance for potential issue with the baby is extremely tiny. So don't worry. Should avoid stress at this time. The stress would probably do your baby more harm!
    slin likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast