- 01-21-2015, 10:21 AM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2013
I have a 3.2 year old, and I would like her to join a Japanese Playgroup. Alternatively, I could arrange some activities with a Japanese girl/mother/etc. who can play with my daughter for a couple of hours every week. I plan to let her study Japanese when she is 5 year old, so for the time being I can just let her familiarise herself with the language.
I live in Ma On Shan, so ideally the playgroup/play with Japanese girl/mother should be in Ma On Shan, Shatin, Taiwai, Saikung, or maybe Kowloon Tong, but not HK Island.
If anybody knows anything, or has a toddler and would like to join in a playgroup, please leave a message, and maybe we can organise something.
Alternatively, I am also interested in a school where she can have more formal Japanese training, but the school I went to near my house says that they only accept 5 year olds. If anybody knows a school where they accept younger kids, I would be very grateful if you can post some details here, or send me a pm.
- 01-28-2015, 12:52 PM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
- Hong Kong
This may not be what you are looking for, but there is a Japanese teacher who teaches at Mulberry Tree in Tai Po. He speaks Japanese to my duaghter and any other kids that can communicate in Japanese. English/Canto for everyone else. You might consider enrolling your baby at that school (they accept kids from Toddler age up). It wont be "formal" lessons in Japanese, but they have Japanese music books to listen to/sing along with and a few community members to speak with there.
- By mango2012 in forum PlaygroupsReplies: 2Last Post: 11-12-2013, 08:20 PM
- By emilyc in forum EducationReplies: 8Last Post: 09-02-2007, 10:23 PM
- By gggogo in forum EducationReplies: 1Last Post: 08-01-2007, 08:04 AM
- By cissylam in forum EducationReplies: 8Last Post: 02-11-2007, 02:56 AM
- By satoko in forum EducationReplies: 0Last Post: 11-24-2004, 08:40 PM