Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By illumination
  • 1 Post By illumination

Queen Elizabeth Hospital 2015

rocknrollmama is offline Registered User

Smile Queen Elizabeth Hospital 2015

Hello moms!

Anyone gave birth in QEH?I'd love to hear your experience!I read a few stories here on older threads but I'm pretty sure things change throughout time.I'm due in 29 days and this is my first baby.Was your partner allowed in the delivery room? I had a friend who gave birth there 3 months ago and they didn't allow her mom in with her.Also, what did you pack for your hospital bag?I purchased a pack from Annerley and I noticed the pack had 2 packs of under pads which seems too much(10 under pad per pack). Anyway, I'd love to hear your stories while I prepare for my birth.Thanks in advance!

illumination is offline Registered User

Queen Elizabeth Hospital 2015

Hi, I gave birth in December 2014 at QEH.. I would say overall experience was better than I expected. I would say the pre delivery part was excellent as I saw stayed for 5 days as It was an induced delivery. predelivery I was in the ward C2. The labour rooms are shared room and few single rooms. In the shared room your partner is allowed only if the other lady agrees. I was very upset that I was getting a shared room and will not have my husband in with me. I. IThe mid wife saw that and she arranged a single room. I am so thankful for all those wonderful women in C2 ward.
    Now coming to the labour room. If you are expecting an epidural, I would say the chances are slim to none. In induced deliveries, after 8 hrs of labour they might offer you an epidural. After 10 hrs they give u c section.
    Post delivery ward.. Was a mix of good and bad... Some of the staff was very rude while some extremely caring. It was very difficult post delivery for me, as you are still recovering from labour and you are mostly alone, except for visiting hours. I found the night staff more difficult. There is good lactation support. If all is well with you and baby, you will stay only for 2 days. Wish you luck with your delivery.
    Last edited by illumination; 01-28-2015 at 03:19 PM.
    rocknrollmama, rani and elisakathy like this.

illumination is offline Registered User
    One pack of underpads was more than enough for me.. I used only 5.. You mean the sheets to lay on the bed..
    rocknrollmama likes this.

rocknrollmama is offline Registered User
    Thanks for sharing your story!

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks