Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Earliest time to take pictures @ Public hospital

pmbp is offline Registered User

Yes, I think because I had my antenatal appointments at the hospital, with the doctors who would be at the birth, I had a really good experience. I was pretty lucky and kept really in the loop with any policies and procedures,

My private OB said my placenta was quite low down so the hospital kept an eye on me. The scans are pretty basic so you need to go private to have anything detailed but all in all I was pretty happy. My friend, who I met at my antenatal appointments, had all sorts of problems, gestational diabetes being the main one. As soon as they found out she was in once a week from 28 weeks. I suppose it tends to be, if you have a real problem, they are on the ball. I have RH neg blood type and they were really strict about admitting me to have these anti D injections. I was kept in all day to make sure there were no adverse side effects for me and baby. I had to have 2 of these. My other pregnant friend who also had RH neg blood type, went private and she was just given the injection and sent on her merry way!

There are lots of pros and cons with either private or public healthcare but I was really given the fear factor with Tuen Mun hospital in particular. In the end, I was really amazed that actually there was nothing to worry about. They even followed my birth plan, despite saying they don't accept birth plans! It helps to be a little humble and unassuming, Going in there all guns blazing with demands will not garner any sympathy nor respect from the staff.

gielian is offline Registered User

Thanks again pmbp! :-) I'll definitely bring my birth plan this Friday for my antenatal checkup...crossing my fingers that it's the last and that I'd give birth soon! :-)

Still waiting for the email I sent to be responded to...asked them about the form. The girl who answered the hotline couldnt understand English so much so I had to email.

My pregnancy has been quite smooth...except for the BP which is on the high side (highest so far is 145/90) since I started my 3rd trimester. Other than that, all my tests are okay so maybe that's why they're not being thorough...I really hope my delivery will be as smooth as yours! :-) having no problems with the staff.

siulungb is offline Registered User

Congrats to gielian! I gave birth in Pamela Youde Eastern Hospital two years ago and they let me take pic soon after the baby was clean and they finished my check up after birth.

In my time the nurse didn't allow taking photos with a mobile, but okay for digital camera (if I didn't remember wrongly the hubby is not allowed to bring mobile phone into the labour room), so your hubby'd better prepare one just in case; my nurse was so nice she offered to take photos for three of us, asked us to change our posure so we looked best in the pics, hehe

Good luck to you! I had a pretty presant experience to this hospital when I gave birth and hope you would be the same

Thank you so much siulungb for sharing your experience! I'll definitely make sure that my husband brings the digital camera just in case they still dont allow camera phones. :-)

I had my 38w5d antenatal check up earlier and how I wish it were my last one! Hahaha...the OB and her nurses were all so nice and I discussed my birth plan with her. Almost everything was OK except the kneeling position while giving birth and the no bath of the baby. But for those that I absolutely want, such as having my husband there (no form needed), immediate skin to skin and no formula, all could be accomodated as long as there are no complications or emergencies.

I will report back with my Pamela Youde experience once I give birth. Thank you again ladies!

siulungb is offline Registered User

I am glad you say no formula, they truly won't give formula and let you take care to your baby most of the time. I don't know maybe I didn't manage the right way, I had breastfed my baby for 8 hours in a row when I was in the hospital...sigh...

It was tough but I was glad they "forced" me that way so I had an easier road to breastfeed 1 or 2 months later.

pmbp is offline Registered User

Good luck! Hope all goes well!

Thank you both!!! Last night I thought that was it...but turns out to be false alarm haha was sent home today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12