Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Any breastfeeding mothers?

rani is offline Administrator
    Congratulations on breastfeeding for 14 months @BabySophie. How often do you feed your little guy?
    The more you feed/pump the more supply you will have. Also drink lots of water, rest and perhaps take some Fenugreek. I would use it my cooking.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

gielian is offline Registered User
    Congratulations on breastfeeding for 14 months! I have been bfing for 3 months only and I don't take anything except for water before and after I breastfeed. I have been told to have the baby latch as frequently as the baby wants and it would boost my supply due to supply-demand.

I do have friends who take lactation cookies, fenugreek and moringa. From where I am from they eat a lot of soups/food with moringa leaves.

kazkm is offline Registered User
    I'm not doing anything special to keep the milk going except letting my daughter nursed as much as and as often as she wants (that includes the night time too). When I ask my now turned 2 year old if a lot of breast milk is coming out then she says "just a little" so I actually would never know even if she had not been having so much for the last 12 months... I think less milk is still ok after the kid turned one in nutrition wise but I assume it's more for her comfort?

btc
    btc is offline Registered User
    I'm a BFing mother, loving it so far. My boy is 3 months old.

I highly recommend the La Leche League meetings (LA LECHE LEAGUE HONG KONG 國際母乳會-香港 - La Leche League Hong Kong Main Page) - they have coffee meetings each month in Central, DB and Wan Chai. Central and DB are English and Wan Chai is Cantonese. A great way to get out of the house and meet other mums and get advice on any issues. Wide range of ages from newborns to toddlers.

littlehope is offline Registered User
    BF my 2weeks old baby girl. How do you deal with comfort sucking? Seems like she always cries when put down to bed.

btc
    btc is offline Registered User
    Long but interesting and informative read about BFing on demand.

http://www.emmapickettbreastfeedings...rval-obsession
    tokyoki likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12